11 - Yellow's Trump Card

It was morbid; too grotesque for any person to see. The urge to throw up is all I can think right now. The strong pounding in my head, knowing that I'll get to a lot of trouble later. But, knowing that I might be choking my intestines out later...

I still kept looking at it.

An assassin-like man ripping a streetwalker and eating every little thing in the person's body. It was horrible. I know it's really weird, knowing the king's kind character and all.

But the person isn't even shouting.

He lets the horrid man eat every single piece of meat in his body. Like, that streetwalker was born to be eaten.

The scary man slowly glides as he leaves his finished and clean meal. I shifted a little and accidentally stepped on a can. Was there a can there before?

The little noise felt like it echoed throughout my ears, as well as the place. My heartbeat rises, seeing the man looking straight at me.

Oh god.

My mind can't work properly which means I can't teleport well now. I wanted to scream, but there's nothing else working in my brain. I just freeze there, standing in the open with that man looking straight at me.

Like a wolf to a sheep, he charged with all his energy, grinning.

'Alice. Alice. Alice,' he kept repeating. It was scaring me.

Finally, my mind started working in the most mysterious way possible.

'Teleport me back home! Now!' I shout to my thoughts, yearning to be home in a blink.

And I did.

Heavy panting was all I ever heard from my mouth, not forgetting on what I just saw. I wanted to go back to the Hearts Kingdom. See Jason and Nikka. Feel safe.

It took me a lot of time to calm down. Walking back and forth in my quite-large room, deciding on what should I tell the king.

'King! There was a creature in the streets which looked like an assassin!'

Or.

'King! What would you do if you were bitten by a wrench?'

I don't know.

I frowned as I try to think or come up with another neat idea. Walking back and forth once more, I accidentally bumped my head into the wall. It hurts so much; it's actually creating a red swollen bump.

But it gave me a head start.

I took off all my clothes and dressed into something more formal in my closet. Apparently, they are the ones who pick my clothes everyday, so yeah.

I peeked inside, seeing lots and lots of gowns inside. It's convenient that I wouldn't have trouble to find it. But wearing it would be the hardest part.

Finally, I decided on one and went to ask the King directly. It was no use beating around the bush with a place filled with blabbish secrets.

"King!" I knocked on his door a I called out. I could hear his quick footsteps as it reaches the door and opens.

"Alice! How are you--"

"What is that creature who crawls at night and eat random people of the streets?" I straightly asked. He was surprised by it, but questioningly shaking with fear.

"He's escaped," he utters silently, face filled with panic.

"Who?" I ask him once more.

"Our trump card."