18 - Defeated at Last

Dominic released the chains and let the beast roar freely. Roar it's anger towards me. Oh, you want me to aim fast to him? Hah, that wouldn't be that easy.

The beast charged at me as I set a place inside of me. A safe place. An enclosed place to hide; to protect myself from darkness and evil. Even if I am evil myself.

I opened my eyes just to see myself inside the cage with Jason. I know it's a safe place but, I can't help but thank my inner conscience.

"Jason," I hugged him tight as he was stunned by the magic I created, unfolded just a while ago, in front of him. He looked at me with confused eyes. No, I can't stop the urge.

I kissed him lightly, pulling his head towards mine. I miss you very much. Words of affection flood my lips as I pass it to his. I worried about him for so much. Now, seeing him, made both of my heart float and sink at the same time. Feelings that I couldn't describe.

A clang with the metal cage surprised the both of us, stopping our intense kisses. I glared at the King's ignorance to our privacy. "I would watch that kissing the whole day, if I can, but I need to ask permission from Vash."

The beast roared once again, but loudly and roughly that it hurt my ears to the point of deafness. One glance in his eyes and I knew it.

Better to get serious and starts fighting.

But before I closed my eyes to teleport away from Jason, he kissed me once more but not for affection. He passed me some sort of medicine tablet into my mouth. It was really bitter, I must say. He whispers as our lips part, "Drink it and you'll be immortal until you believe to be." I nearly forgot that Jason was an antidote or potion maker. Kidding, a doctor.

I thanked him silently and teleported at once. I can't get the beast called Vash to bash at the cage and attack Jason instead.

Boop. Opening my eyes, there he was. Staring at me like there's no tomorrow. Maybe. He growled at me as I growled back playfully at him. He was really mad. "Come here, baby. Let's chop you up real good," I whisper under my breath and bit the medicine Jason gave me.

It was bitter. That, I must say. Liquid flew out of the tablet and I felt a syrup-like material being absorbed in my tongue. I didn't say I exactly swallowed it.

Then, I felt it. An alpha. I became one.

Jason threw me two daggers which he currently have and I must use it in really good use. I charged towards the beast and tried to attack from the front, to deliver an uppercut.

But, he's too fast. Speed.

I can't calculate what's faster; speed or wind speed? I don't care about anything.

I'm alpha.

I delivered a deep cut on his front left arm as I felt his jaw stuck on my right upper arm. Surprisingly, I didn't feel pain. I thought I could only ignore the injuries but feel the pain, but the pain was never felt. Like it was nothing at all.

A grin ran through my face. Until I believe it disappears? Jason knew my attitude right from the very beginning. There are times that I fall, there are times which I rise; become the most of myself.

The beast grinds my arm as an idea pass through my mind suddenly. Does this heal? Panic rose, stabbing a dagger immediately to his eye.

He writhes in pain and stands back, gladly. I stared at my broken arm which looks terribly gruesome. Blood oozing from the newly broken arm of mine. I thought it heals.

And I take that back. It heals. Minutes later from staring at my fresh wound, I saw my own blood in the form of thread, sewing the pieces back together, slowly but perfectly. I was amazed myself, even my opponent stared at it. I'm so glad it heals perfectly after a blink of my eye.

Let's go back to chopping the beast.

I charged once more, knowing my capabilities and limits. He also charged at me with eyes that say 'my plan will succeed.'

Once I created tiny bit of contact with him, I teleported and charged at his back instead. Hitting it in the backbone can cause damage to the animal. Large damage.

A shout escaped my lips, trying to be a lot more faster than he can be. Finally, I managed to stab him on the back, as deeply as I could, and let him face my side. He's pitiful.

Really.

I saw him crying, like there was an entrapped human inside of the peculiar beast. He wished for something so deeply and his eyes told it all. I saw it all the opposite. He communicated to me through his glassy eyes. I took the dagger arrogantly and made him groan in pain. I can't help but feel sad and responsible. This beast is different.

End me. His eyes whispers to me. I don't know if I can, since this means that I also end up killing a man. But, I have no choice. I have to kill the King after killing him.

I took both of my daggers and enchanted a song. It was a song my sister -mother-, Kyla taught me to sing to the flowers. She said that they would be happy if they do that.

"Flowers that stain the ground with colors,"

I raised my knife, pinning my feelings inside my chest. I mustn't get personal. It is his wish.

"Never send them down the messy boroughs,"

Tears fell down my face, hoping that this plan would work.

"Once they touch the plain-colored ground,"

I strike the dagger in his heart and sang the last line loudly.

"They fade away, never found."

It makes flowers happy, doesn't it?