Broken Hearts

Micah's pov

"Reagan did what?"

"I said she kissed Dominic. Can you not hear?" McKenna said.

"I heard." I mumbled.

I stood up pacing back and forth. I was mad as fuck. I'll always love Reagan, and for her to do some foul shit like try my brother is really pissed me off. She already broke my heart once, but she refuses to let that be enough. I clicked on Twitter.

I tweeted.

"What the fuck she want from me?"

"Micah? You there?" I heard.

"Oh yeah. I got to go McKenna." I mumbled hanging up.

As soon as the call ended,
"WackO 😵🤒" popped up on my phone. I answered it.

"Hello."

"Micah just let me explain." Reagan said. I didn't say anything, so she could keep talking.

"I know what I did was disrespectful, I did it because it was disrespectful. When he wiped my kiss off like I had herpes-"

I burst out laughing.

"Micah," I heard the tears in her voice. "Nobody fucking loves me. I thought you were the one person on earth that I'd always have no matter what, but you don't give a fuck about me either." She said.

"I do care. I fucking love you so much it kills me waking up everyday knowing you're not mine, but being with you drained everything from me. All you ever wanted to do was argue." I said.

"I know-" I cut her off.

"But guess what. I stayed. I let you win every argument and told you what you wanted to hear, and somehow you still end up needing space." I said.

"I needed space. I don't anymore. I miss you so much." She mumbled.

"I'm not going back down that road anymore. I'm in love with Ciara. I gave you your space and ended up like my new place." I said.

I heard her sobbing through the phone. I pulled it away from my ear, squinting my eyes. I care about this girl so much, but it comes to a point in time when you have to get savage on them.

"Take care." I mumbled into the phone before hanging up. I laid back on my bed, starring at the ceiling. That familiar pain radiated from all over my body, especially my chest. I breathed in and out slowly, pressing my eyes together.

I knew the first person I fell in love with would break my heart, but damn. I didn't know heartbreak was this serious. I didn't know it hurt this much. I didn't know it would last this long.

Reagan's pov

Trigger warning.

For those of you that don't know: a trigger warning is a statement at the start of a piece of writing, video, etc., alerting the reader or viewer to the fact that it contains potentially distressing material
-----------------------------

Fuck life.

I walked into the kitchen, grabbing the knife out of the draw. I looked at the scars on my arm from the beginning of Senior year.

Nobody loved me then, and Nobody loves me now.

I sliced the first one open. Tears cascaded down my eyes.

I sliced the second one and then the third. Blood rippled from my arms. I bit my lips as the pain stung.

"Reagan." She stopped when she saw me. I looked up.

It was my roommate Leah. She gasped, running over to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

McKenna's pov

Never thought Reagan would do some shit like that to me. I thought that she was the one friend to have my back forever, but I guess I just don't fucking know how to pick friends.

"Babe let's go on an adventure." Dominic said.

"Adventure like what? You have class in two hours. You must be trying to go on an adventure in the back yard. We ain't the backyardagains." I stated.

"Attitude?" He mumbled. I laughed.

"My bad."

"Let's just go get some food." He said. I shrugged.

"Where are we going?"

"Where do you wanna go?"

"It don't matter." I shrugged.

"I slick want IHOP."

"I don't wanna go there." He turned to look at me.

"I can't stand you." He said.

"Well sit down hoe." I laughed. He straight faced me.

"Stick to the books. Keep tryna be a comedian, imma show you what's really funny." He threatened.

I just laughed.

"Oh ok."