Chapter Twenty-three

Singing Michael Jackson's "Scream" as she got out of her massage jets shower in her in-suite bathroom, Jessie held the cream-colored towel as she grinned victoriously at the full-frame mirror above the two sinks.  In spite of her hair dripping around her on the rug and the fact that she really did not have to be up six-thirty in the morning on her completely free Thursday, Jessie felt absolutely confident and pleased with her intentions.  

"With such confusion don't it make you wanna scream!" she sang loudly with an almost twisted grin making a grab for her fluffy paw-themed robe hanging on the back of the door.  "You're bash abusing victimize within the scheme!"

Locating her blow dryer in the drawer next to the right-hand-sink, Jessie spent the next hour working on a classic blowout before finally emerging from the bathroom with full-on make-up and fancy, flowing black shorts with gold buttons and a shimmering yellow top with open sleeves at the shoulders that matched her gem sandals.  

Once she reached the bottom of the stairs, Jessie warmly greeted Jackson and Neil as always.  "I know you've been good boys holding it in for Gia to give you a nice long walk as soon as she gets here, but today Mummy is going to let you go outside while she gets your food ready," she told them.

Giving them a few last kisses, the two followed Jessie into the kitchen looking behind them every once in a while in confusion as she urged them out the back door.  Making sure they were okay, she headed towards the counter by the door where she turned on her laptop and proceeded to grab their food bowls.  By the time she finished scooping the food from the large container by the basket-bin shelf, her computer was ready for her to log on and load her phone account's call history for when Gianna arrived at nine.

Although Jessie came to the conclusion that Tuesday night that there was no way to confront Gianna yesterday because of her appointment with Amber, Jessie was thankful for the extra day as talking it out with Amber made her realize that in spite of whatever was going on behind her back, a good start in regards to how to handle the situation was at least by simply demanding an explanation before taking it any further or involving other parties like her own husband.  

However, that doesn't mean that I won't look forward to totally catching Gianna off guard with her discovery, she had secretly thought after saying goodbye to Amber.

Being it was now eight o'clock, Jessie worked feverishly to prepare a nice stack of blueberry pancakes and enough scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast to go around so that making the turn from sweet to sour be more shocking to the system for Gianna.  Jessie helped herself placing the leftovers neatly on the kitchen table with a place setting for Gianna and orange juice already poured in her accompanying glass.  

Normally she did not eat that big of a breakfast, but she knew she was going to need all her energy.  Placing her own glass and plate in the dishwasher, Jessie headed towards the backdoor to finally summon the dogs back inside with just five minutes to go.  Because Gianna had the key, Jessie decided to sit back down at her place at the kitchen table and eagerly wait for showtime to begin.

Fifteen minutes later, Jessie's posture was now less proper as she drummed her nails in bewilderment.  Where can she be?  she asked.  Whenever I'm still around when she comes, she is always on time, even sometimes a few minutes early.

Jessie abandoned her post in the kitchen and made her way towards the front door, Jackson and Neil following her with their ears perked up knowing that there was something that was definitely up that was more important than the coveted breakfast on the table.  Opening the front door, Jessie did a quick scan of the street.  The only activity was a gentleman in a suit across the street pulling out of his spot going northbound and two squirrels on an upwards chase on the tree in front of her house.