Chapter 20

*skip to next Friday*

-----------------

I invited Eliza and Peyton over to help me get ready for my...

DATE WITH MATT SMITH!

The doorbell rang and I led them upstairs to my room. Peyton was carrying a bag filled with hair products and Eliza had volunteered to do makeup. They set them down on my bedroom carpet and started opening things.

"Well... You'll be in a dark movie theater so he won't be able to see your makeup, but you still need some. So I'm thinking long lashes and blush and lip gloss." Eliza says, opening the covers to a matte pink lipstick, false lashes, and a coral blush.

"Eliza, don't you think fake lashes might be a little overboard?" Eliza shook her head.

"Course not dear! These are non-dramatic lashes sweetie," she replied with a wink. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Well if you say so..." I sat down in front of my makeup desk and let Eliza do her magic. She applied the false lashes and I had to admit; they looked good. They were long and thick, but still looked fairly natural. Then she dusted on some coral blush that really accented my cheekbones, and swiped on the lipstick.

When she was done, Peyton came back from the bathroom and said:

"The wand is on- Jesus Summer you look like a goddess!" She laughed and started admiring my makeup and telling Eliza how good of a job she had done. It was nice to be fussed over. For once, I felt beautiful.

Next Peyton took my hand and led me into the bathroom. Her wand was heating up and there was an assortment of bobby pins, clips, and elastics lining my sink.

"I'm going to waterfall braid your hair and then curl the waterfall pieces. Sound good?" She asked, searching for my approval.

"Of course Pey." I say, squeezing her hand. I sat down and let Peyton twist and braid my hair around my head until she was finished. Then she picked up the wand and began wrapping my hair around it. When she was finished, she let me peek into the mirror.

"Wow." My jaw dropped. It was amazing how different I looked, sweet and beautiful. I felt like a princess that still had to pick out her evening gown. I thanked Eliza and Peyton and gave them each a huge hug.

"Thank you so much girls. I really love it." They smiled and I saw tears in Peyton's eyes. Next thing I knew, she was crying her eyes out and exclaiming how pretty I looked and how I was "all grown up."

Last but not least, we picked out my outfit. I wore this beautiful summery sundress that I had bought the night before at the Plano Mall. It was white with lace and totally made me look super tan- plus it stood out against my brunette hair. I twirled around in it and then decided to wear Eliza's flats with the bow on the toe. She let me borrow them as soon as I mentioned how gorgeous they were. When I was finished, we snapped a few pictures and then the doorbell rang.

Matt was here. This was it.