Chapter 8

When I got home, I had a couple of text messages from my friends at the gym. I went upstairs and stripped down from my cheer clothes into a pair of comfy pajamas, and then I hopped into my bed. I checked my text messages first, and there was a text from both Peyton and Matt.

Hey baby(: call me! We should talk. -P

And:

Hey Sums! (Is it alright if I call you that?) -Matt

First I dialed Peyton's number, and then I would text Matt back. I was still amazed at the fact that he liked me- even if it was only a little bit.

"Hey Pey!" I say, cradling my phone against my ear.

"Hi! I should probably explain why I left the gym so suddenly, right?" I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"It's because I told on Jamie about the notes in your car-"

"Peyton! Why would you do that?!" I asked, my voice rising.

"Well I thought she was being mean so I... I..." Ugh why did Peyton have to tell on Jamie? How was this even going to help things? Now we'd all get in trouble with our coaches!

"But don't worry. The coaches said they'd suspend Jamie from practice for a couple weeks so she can't do anything to you anymore, and her chance at being point flyer is now gone." Peyton said rather quickly. Her words slurred together so they almost sounded like one huge word instead of a sentence.

"Thank you Peyton." I say cutting her off. "But there's something I need to tell you too." Silence on the other end of the line. I continued:

"I got another note today actually..."
Peyton gasped.

"Another?! What did it say?"

"Among the same lines as the last note, except she added this time that I would never be point flyer..." When I said it out loud, I realized how mean it actually sounded. How could you say that to someone new at your gym, and on top of that, threaten them with notes in their car and call them a bitch!

"I'm really sorry she's being this way to you Summer," Peyton said, and I could sense the sympathy in her voice.

"Thanks Pey, I have to go now." Then I hung up and texted Matt.