Chapter 2

On my way to my room, I was looking at the Institute. I already miss it. I opened the door to my room and got my stele out of my pocket and quickly drew a portal. I got my suitcase and jumped into the portal, without second thought.

I landed on the ground. I was in the middle of nowhere. Weird. I imagined Florida.

"Who are you?" I heard a strange voice, with different accent. I don't know that accent. I quickly looked up and got my Seraph blade.

"Michael" I let out whisper and stood up, ready to face a demon.

Instead of that, I saw a boy. About 17 years. Maybe 18. And definitely not a demon.

"You can put that blade down now, girl. Shadowhunter. Interesting. Where are you from?"

"My name is Clarissa Fairchild, and I'm from New York. May I ask your name?" I put my Seraph blade down and put it in my pocket.

"Well, nice to meet you, Clarissa. My name is Luca Wooddale" He said and turned around and started walking.

"Hey, Luca, wait. Where am I? And please call me Clary" I said and started to walk next to him. It was hard to follow him.

"Oh, we are in Japan. How did you come here anyway, Clary? I thought you said you are from New York?" Confusion in his voice was obvious.

"Portal" I answered hoping we're going to the institute. He slowly nodded, telling he understood.

I finally had an opportunity to look at him. He had light brown hair, almost blond. He was pale, not tanned like Jace. Why am I thinking about him? I should start my new life. Like I will. He had green eyes, just like mine. And they were beautiful.

"You know you are staring at me, right?" He chuckled and looked at me.

"Right, sorry. So, are we going to some Institute?"

"Yes, and no. It's not exactly and Institute, but it's a building where shadowhunters train. It's hard to explain. You'll just have to see." He said "So why did you come here?"

I hesitated a little. "It's totally alright if you don't want to talk about it. Actually, i understand." He said and i saw a flash of pain in his eyes. I wonder what's his story.

"No, actually i'll tell you. My boyfriend broke up with me and i needed time away from him." He nodded "Here, give me your suitcase" He said and took my suitcase from me.

"Thanks, man. I appreciate your help. I really do" I said and slowly added "What's your story?"

He just looked away from me and continued walking. I felt it's and sensitive subject.

"Sorry, shouldn't ask" I murmured and looked away. "It's fine, you couldn't know" He said.

Soon, we arrived to the building. It looked like hotel, which reminded me on my little adventure in Hotel Dumort. Who would say. I slowly started to see behind glamour. When glamour completely peeled off, i saw beautiful and very huge house. Luca got his key and opened the doors. We stepped into the hallway when a little girl jumped on Luca.

"Hey, Cait. What's up? Where is Noah? And Amy?" He said looking at little girl. She grinned and looked behind her. There was one girl, around 20 years old maybe? And a man in his.. I would say thirties.

"Who is this Luca? Another one night stand?" Amy started, but I interrupted. Rude, i know.

"I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself. My name is Clarissa Fairchild, I am coming from New York, my parents are Jocelyn Fairchild and Valentine Morgenstern and i am 16 years old" I said in one breathe.

"So, you are famous Clarissa Morgenstern" The older man said, Noah i guess.

"I prefer Fairchild, and please call me Clary."

"Of course. What brings you here?" Noah said and looked at me suspiciously.

"She needs a place to stay, she is starting a new life if i understood well." Luca said and looked at me. I nodded slowly.

"Well, if what's the case, welcome, Clary Fairchild." Noah said. "My name is Noah Wooddale. This is my oldest daughter, Amy Wooddale, she is 19. Then Luca Wooddale, my only son, he is 17, and of course my little Caitlyn Wooddale, the youngest one, and she is 8 years old."

I noticed he didn't mention his wife, and i didn't ask. Probably a long story.

"Amy, show her, her new room." Amy nodded and grabbed my wrist. She started dragging me through hallway. She brought me to the second floor and showed me my room. It was huge, all in gold. Gold desk, chair, wardrobe, bed, sheets.. everything. It was much bigger than the one in the institute and it was beautiful.

"There, your room. Dinner is at 7, don't be late." She said and left. I noticed that she doesn't like me very much. I looked at my desk. There was a clock and it said it was 5:12 p.m. I should unpack my suitcase. I looked at stuff i brought with myself. Too much reminders on my old life.

I picked up my sketchbook. Looking at the drawings. I ripped them away from my sketch book. I picked my gear and weapons from my suitcase, and closed it. Too many memories. I picked it up, and went outside of house. I got my stele out of my pocked and draw a burning rune on it. I watched it burn along with the drawings.

I just burned my past life. And started a new one.

I went back to the house.

.

.

.

Please vote and comment if u liked the chapter.♥