Chapter 6

Jace's POV

Oh my God. Oh my God, she is back. After i dumped her she left and now she is back. And she is different. No more little scary girl. My little Clary is back. 'She isn't little anymore Jace' I reminded myself 'And surely she isn't yours.' Beth interrupted my thoughts.

"That Clary girl seems nice. So does Luca." She said looking for gear in her closet.

"Yea, she is. I guess Luca is as well." I said not really paying attention on what I was speaking.

"You know Clary from somewhere? She is your cousin or something?" Beth said pulling me in a hug. "You seemed so... happy when you saw her."

'Oh God, this is not going to end well' I thought.

"Yea, i know her. She left this Institute 3 years ago." I said not being specific why.

"You still didn't tell me how is she related to you?" She said impatiently.

"Beth.. look, don't get mad, but she is my ex. She left because i dumped her." I said and looked away, ashamed of what have I done 3 years ago.

"She is your what?" She said with a low voice, and i knew she is angry.

I was looking at anything but her.

"And she left 3 years ago, and she just shoved up now? When we were happy? What were you thinking when you hugged her!?" She was pissed now. But she had no right to talk like this.

"It wasn't her decision to show up now, Beth. I'm sure that if the Clave didn't send her here, she would avoid us forever." I said slowly turning my head to her. "Were happy? Aren't we happy now? And what, I should just look angry at her, after I broke up with her, and she let me go? I own her my life, Beth. I'll never forget what she'd done for me." I said and turned around, walking away.

She stopped me when I was closing the doors of our bedroom asking me one, sensitive question.

"Do you still love her?" She whispered, tears streaming her face.

'Do i still love her?' I asked myself this delicate question, already knowing an answer, the only answer i couldn't give to Beth. So I gave her the stupidest answer ever.

"I don't know" I said and walked away.

I'm going to see Alec, maybe talk to him. He'll know if I should tell Clary how I feel. I didn't even bother to knock, I just walked in Alec's room, like it's mine.

And what I saw...

Broke my heart.

Clary's POV

I was kissing him back. I was kissing Alec back. His soft lips on mines. I wrapped my hands around his neck slowly touching his black hair. He placed his hands on my hips and pulled me on him. Now he was sitting on bed, and I on him.

If I don't stop this, it'll turn out in serious make out session.

And yet, i didn't stop.

When someone entered the room we broke apart.

Jace. My heart stopped beating for few seconds, because when i looked at him, I saw nothing but a pure shock. Alec still didn't move his hands from my hips, he just tightened it harder. I got up and looked at Jace.

And in that moment, I looked deeply into his eyes and saw something i would never expect to see in his eyes.

I saw his heart break in pieces.

And the worst of all,

I wasn't sorry.

.

.

.

Please vote and comment if u liked the chapter.♥