Chapter 5

Song: My love - Justin Timberlake

I woke up in Brendon and I's bed with a pounding headache. I sat up and rubbed my head with a sigh. I looked around the dark room and saw Brendon asleep in the arm chair we have.

"Bren? How long have I been out?" I said, waking him up.

"Only about two hours." He said while checking his phone for the time.

"What happened Layla?" I sighed and thought of a lie quickly.

"I slipped and hit my head on the sink and woke up here." I said not wanting to bring up the hallucinations.

"Should we go to the doctors?" I quickly shook my head which caused me to get dizzy.

"No I'll be fine don't worry about me." He smiled and got up from the chair.

"That's like asking me to not breathe." I just laughed and patted the spot next to me on the bed. He laid down and wrapped his arms around me.

"Will you sing to me please?" I begged, turning over to face him. He started lightly singing Bohemian Rhapsody. I put my head in the crook of his neck and closed my eyes slowly drifting off into sleep at the sound of his voice.

~

I woke up the next morning and checked my phone. January first. Today is the day I write a letter to my mother. The only way I can contact her is with writing because the only thing I know is her address. I sat up in the empty bed and saw a note on my nightstand, 'At the studio, be home later.' With a smiley face. I got out of bed and walked to Brendon's office where he checked emails and all that junk. I sat at his desk with a pen and paper and began writing.

Mom, I know you hate me. I know I made a mistake. But tomorrow is his birthday and even though your heart is cold I know you will read this. Tell him I love him please. More than anything in this universe. Tell him I love and miss him, with everything I have and that I will meet him again one day. I beg of you to tell him, Please tell him I love him. Please.

Your daughter,

Layla.

The paper was a bit damp from my tears that I quickly wiped up. I folded the letter and put it in the envelope, licking the sticky part to make sure it stays in. I write my mothers address and pray that it makes it to Barbados in time. I walk outside in Brendon's big t-shirt and put it in our mailbox, pushing the red flag up. I walk back inside and hop in the shower to get ready for work.

~

I walk into the cafe with my work outfit on which was black jeans, a white shirt, and my apron. I take peoples orders and bring them to Victoria who helps make all the food and hands the trays off to me. I've never been a waitress before but I wasn't terrible at balancing them and occasionally got a little cocky with it and raised the tray above my head. I really loved working here, more than the club of course since I wasn't always the center of attention.

"Hey Layla this is my sister Emma." Victoria said as I walked to the kitchen with another order. I looked at the skinny blonde girl who was a bit shorter than me with bright blue eyes. She had absolutely nothing in common with Victoria based on looks. Victoria's skin was more caramel with dark freckles all over while Emma had clear paler skin. I shook her hand and smiled.

"I know we look nothing alike don't worry, I was adopted from New York and she was adopted from Florida." I listened intently while handing Victoria the order.

"That's interesting, Victoria said you owned this place with your dad?" She nodded with a big smile on her face.

"Yea I'm more of a business girl than a waitress so I help with all the paper work and such, I was just here to visit Victoria." I nodded and saw Victoria putting plates of food on a tray.