Chapter 11

Song: Carry Me Home - Jorja Smith

TWO YEARS LATER

~Brendon's POV~

I thought about her everyday. I tried looking for her but eventually gave up, when Layla doesn't want to be found, she doesn't want to be found. I still have no idea why she left and it breaks my heart when I think about it. I went to the hotel her mother and Oliver were staying in but they had left and I didn't know if they were ok or not, I had no idea what happened. The girl I love had up and disappeared and it tore me apart.

I released a new album, I named it 'Lay', after Layla of course which was a conspiracy theory in the fandom but I always just say it's to be edgy and it represents me laying down and resting, which was very stupid, but it was "deep" and the fandom believed it. Every song on the album had to do with her in one way or another and it was my favorite by far because I knew wherever she was, I knew she'd hear it and she'd hear how I feel and how bad I need her back. I was currently on tour for the album and I was enjoying it as I do every tour but the lingering feeling of loneliness still hung around me, sure I had the occasional girl in bed with me but they never filled the lonely crater I had in my heart. I just hoped Layla felt the same. I was currently in New York for a show and had some free time before my show and a day off tomorrow. I was walking through central park with the guys but I had drifted away since they were taking pictures for instagram and such. I ended up at a small playground filled with kids and I decided to sit on the swings for a bit.

I was swinging gently and enjoying the breeze when someone small wrapped their arms around my leg and squeezed. I looked down and saw a boy with curly brown hair buried into my leg.

"Uh hey buddy are you ok? Do you need help finding your parents?" He couldn't have been but five years old even though I couldn't really see his face I could tell. He looked up and my heart stopped. Oliver's big green eyes stared into mine.

"My mommy told me to only talk to people I know and I remember you! You used to visit me and my gramma when I was littler!" I smiled and picked him up, giving him a giant hug. He hugged back for a moment until I felt him pulled away from me rather violently. Before I could say or do anything I was getting punched in the face. I groaned and held my nose.

"Brendon?" I knew her voice. Regardless of the pain, I smiled and looked at Layla, she looked generally the same besides a beautiful tattoo on her hand and bright red hair, a drastic change from the dark black. I wiped the small amount of blood coming from my nose and kept my giant smile.

"Sorry I'm kinda a paranoid mother, I didn't mean to hit you, instincts I guess." She shyly put a strand of her hair behind her ear and I smiled more.

"It's fine, you could shoot me in the foot and I'd still be happy to see you." She laughed and put a hand gently on Oliver's head. It took me a minute to realize since I had just been staring at her beautiful face but there was a little girl, holding onto her leg, and she was absolutely gorgeous. I was a little bit shocked, her eyes were hazel, with a hint of green and she had the prettiest caramel skin, a bit lighter than Olivers.

"Oh sorry this is um Crystal, my daughter." I looked at Layla and she was avoiding eye contact. I stood from the swing and bent down to Crystals level, who was around two or three from my guess.

"Hi sweetheart I'm Brendon! I'm good friends with your mommy." She smiled and giggled slightly.

"I know." I smiled in confusion and stood up again to face Layla. Oliver had ran off to the slide with Crystal and Layla and I watched them.

"I've got a show tonight but if you aren't busy now I really want to catch up. I've missed you like crazy." I sighed and watched Crystal, she was so beautiful and it hurt because Layla must have left me for her father, wherever and whoever he was.