Chapter 14

Song: Man Down - Rihanna (WATCH THE VID WITH THE END IT FITS PERFECTLY FOR VISUAL READERS LOL)

A/N: Slightly sensitive stuff at the end of this chapter. Don't read if you don't want. The music video explains it perfectly but is less sensitive to some trigger topics so watch that and you won't be out of the loop! :)

I had been counting down the days until Brendon me back and it was finally time. I was pretty irritated with him since he claimed he would call us as much as he can and he's only called three times this whole month. We've had short text conversations but that was all. The kids really missed him and it was getting worse each day. Who knew Brendon could have such a big impact on my kids just from one day. We were working on packing things up for the move, as soon as Brendon gets here we are going to get on a private jet and fly down to California. I had my hair tied up in a bun and was wearing my flannel with some skinny jeans, perfect moving clothes. Boxing things up with two kids who are excited out of their minds isn't the easiest.

"Mommy, where is Brendon? Is he almost here?" This was about the hundredth time Oliver has asked me and I was getting frustrated.

"He gets here when he gets here, Oliver." He pouted and went back to putting all his toys in his bag. Brendon told me to only pack clothes and important things because he already got furniture and every other essential. Crystal was in the kitchen grabbing every snack she could reach and throwing it in her small backpack. I had already packed my things last night to save myself the stress but I was now stuck packing all the kids clothes. I had finished Crystal's and was almost done with Oliver's when there was a knock at the door. Oliver ran from his room and swung open the door, screaming in joy when he saw who I assume was Brendon. He walked in and talked to the kids for a while until he asked where I was. He walked in and I kept my back to him, packing Oliver's clothes neatly.

"Hey gorgeous! I've missed you a ton." I stayed facing away from him and simply made a noise indicating I heard him, but didn't really care.

"What did I do this time?" Oh nothing, you've only ignored the majority of my calls and most likely slept with a ton of other girls, but I was going to play the 'I'm not mad but you know I am' card. I zipped up the bag after I put the last article of clothing in and stood up, finally turning to face Brendon. One month, and its like he looks a million times better if thats even possible. I keep a blank face and put the bag on my shoulder.

"Nothing, lets go." I walked out of the room without another word and saw Crystal and Oliver ready to go. I did my mental check list and was sure we had everything we needed. I set Oliver's bag down and helped Oliver and Crystal with their jackets. I helped with their backpacks and then put my own jacket on, walking out of the apartment holding two large bags of stuff. Brendon had the other two and we were ready to get out of New York. We walked outside and got into a big SUV, with tinted windows. I put all the bags in the trunk and helped the kids in. There was already a booster seat and a car seat for the kids and Zack was driving up front. I smiled and waved at him since its been two years since I've seen him. We met at the party I threw and he was super cool.

"Hey Guys! You and Brendon can sit in the back." I felt like he was trying hard to get Brendon and I close and I wasn't having it.

"No thats fine, I get nauseous if I'm not in the front. Brendon will be fine back there." I saw him roll his eyes slightly and I smiled.

"Yes ma'am." Zack said with a nod. I shut the door after make sure the kids were strapped in, also knowing Brendon needed the door open to get to the back. I hopped in the front and put my seatbelt on, closing my eyes and practically melting into the nice leather seats. Brendon and the kids talked nonstop on the way to the airport and I just kept my eyes closed until we arrived. As soon as we got there, Zack and Brendon carried all of our stuff onto a nice looking jet and led us inside. Oliver and Crystal ran to the little shelf of snacks and started going at it.