Chapter 12

Song: Love On The Brain - Rihanna

~Layla's POV~

For a good minute, Brendon stared at me like I had two heads. Eventually he took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"Look, I've got a show to get to and I'm gonna be late if I don't leave now." Tears came to my eyes and I reached out to grab for his arm but he yanked away from me and walked out of my room, and then out of the apartment. This is why I left and this is exactly why I didn't tell him.

~Brendon's POV~
I feel terrible. I shouldn't have left her like that but I was just so shocked and I didn't know how to feel about having a child that I didn't even know existed until today. I got a cab to the arena and went to the dressing room with tears coming down my face for what I did. The guys all looked up at me and gave me weird looks.

"What's up with you?" Dallon questioned. I sat down in one of the chairs and spilled everything. The guys listened closely and looked extremely shocked when I finished. It was quiet for a minute before Kenny spoke up.

"That's some heavy shit. We are going out for drinks after the show and then we are going to a club." I sighed and rubbed my face with both hands.

"I don't know Kenny, I'm not really in the mood."

"Exactly why we should. We have sound check like, now so lets get moving, and no arguments, we are going out tonight." I sighed and rolled my eyes while getting up and heading to the stage.

~Layla's POV~

I hid my disappointment from the kids for the rest of the day. I was angry and sad at the same time with Brendon. I felt hurt about how he reacted to the news and I was angry about how he didn't bother to try and talk about it. It was now ten at night and I had just laid the kids down in their shared bedroom. They were out like a light and I turned off the light and closed the door. I went into the living room and threw my coat on. Opening the door just at the right time, my neighbor Gwen was standing there with a smile. I paid her to come and stay with the kids while they slept until I got home from work which wasn't very hard. She was a college student and she needed extra cash so she comes to my apartment almost every night so I don't have to leave the kids alone. She came in and sat on the couch, opening her book bag and taking out some papers.

"Alright you know the drill, water if they wake up then it's right back to bed, and feel free to sleep in my room if you get tired." I smiled and she smiled back.

"Sounds good Layla. Have a nice night!" I nodded and walked out of the apartment, heading towards the club. I hated where I worked and what I did but it pays well and I don't have enough work experience to get a better job anywhere else, so it was back to stripping. I walked into the club from the back door and changed to whatever skimpy outfit I could find on the racks. I walked out in my heels that were way to tall and started walking around the club, eyeing people for dances. I was walking and looking until someone bumped into me, catching me off guard a bit. I looked into the eyes of the man and I sighed. Brendon was staring right back at me with pure rage in his eyes.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I rolled my eyes.

"What the fuck does it look like I'm doing? I'm working. Why do you care?" He crossed his arms and glared at me.

"I don't want you working here, other people looking at you like this? It's disgusting." I scoffed at him.

"It's not like we're together! What I do is my business! Now if you don't want a dance then get out of my face." I growled and he let out a huff.

"Fine. I'll take a dance." I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, yanking him to one of the private booths. I started dancing to the song playing sexily, obviously. I backed up onto Brendon where he was sitting and dropped onto his lap, hard. He groaned in pain and I smiled. He put his hands on my waist and I smacked them off.