Chapter 2

"I AM so sorry Maeve." As he said those words, tears cascade down her cheeks.

She doesn't even have the strength to look at him anymore. Naka tungo lang siya at hinayaan ang sariling umiyak.

She was hurt. She feels like her whole world has fallen apart. Para siyang sinasaksak dahil sa sakit na nararamdaman niya.

Chad. Her long time boyfriend just broke up with her. His reason? She was not enough.

She was not enough because she can't give him what he wants. She was not enough because she was too busy on her career. Her career that would build her future, their future. She's working hard because of her goals and dreams for the both of them.

Yet, she was not enough.

Chad removed the promise ring that Maeve gave her. The promise ring that binded them before. But now, it is just a piece of nothing.

Kinuha ni Chad ang kamay ni Maeve at doon inilagay ang sing sing. "Goodbye Maeve." He said and left her shattered into a million pieces.

~

PAUWI na si Liam galing sa trabaho. He's super tired right now because he went to check up on his on-going project. Sobrang init pa naman sa labas kaya siya napagod sa pag babantay at pag titingin sa mga ginagawa ng mga workers niya.

He was about to go home nang biglang nag text ang kanyang kaibigan na si Matt, yung Photographer na pinag bilhan niya ng larawan ng isang magandang babae.

From: Matt Rodriguez

We're here sa Prisma. Tag along bro, kasama ko si Dimitri. My treat :D

"Asshole" He said and shook his head while laughing.

Liam gave him the cheque for the the payment of the portrait this morning. Kaya ang lakas ng loob ng gago na manlibre.

He was on his way to his house pero he turned his car around and went to Prisma.

~

"MAEVE you need to get of out there." Malakas na kinakatok ni Danielle ang kwarto ni Maeve.

Danielle is her best friend/soul sister/housemate.

They were best friends since middle school. They're basically siblings dahil sa pakikitungo nila sa isa't isa. "Maeve, c'mon lumabas ka na diyan. Hindi ka pa kumakain maghapon. Are you trying to kill yourself?" Sabi ng kaibigan habang patuloy ang pag katok niya sa pinto ng kwarto ni Maeve.

Maeve didn't respond. She's just silently curled up in a ball on her bed. Wala nang luha ang lumalabas sa kanyang mata dahil dalawang araw na siyang umiiyak.

It has been 2 days since Chad broke up with her. It has been 2 days simula nung maging miserable siya. 2 days of continues crying, 2 days of barely eating nor drinking anything.

The door opened with a clanking sound, alas! Danielle found the spare key of her room.

She felt her bed shift. Danielle let out a huge sigh, "You know, hindi siya babalik diyan sa ginagawa mo. I know how you feel right now, but it's now the end of the world. Hindi lang siya ang lalake sa mundo."

Gusto niyang umiyak pero walang lumalabas. She stood up and hugged her best friend. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this." Maeve said.

Danielle hugged her back and said, "Your problem is my problem." She said and rubbed her back. "Girl, you badly need a shower."

They both laughed. It has been 2 days since she last showered so she basically need one now.

"C'mon, go take a shower and we'll go out." Danielle said as she pull out from their embrace.

"Uhh I don't think-" Tanggi pa niya sana pero naging fierce ang aura ng kanyang kaibigan.

"Go take a shower now. We will go out. We badly need some liquor in our system. It has been a while." Kumindat pa si Danielle sa sinabi niya.

Huminga ng malalim si Maeve. She stood up and went straight to the bathroom.

"That's my girl." Danielle said and went to Maeve's closet.

~

AFTER showering, she applied a very light make-up. The door opened at niluwa nito ang kaibigan, who looks stunning in her golden brown maxi dress and curled hair.

"So..." She said and twirled.

"You look beautiful kahit anong suotin mo. Specially in that dress." Sabi ni Maeve.

"Well, we both do. Especially when you wear this." Danielle pulled the black striped jumpsuit with a deep, very deep v-neck on it that she picked for Maeve. "Oh and you won't be needing your bra tonight" She playfully winked at Maeve and they both laugh

~

PAGPASOK na pagpasok pa lamang ni Liam sa Prisma ay pinag tinginan na siya ng kababaihan. Some were saying hi, some were looking at him with pure lust in their eyes.

Paano ba naman kasi, he looks ravishing in his white dress shirt topped with his black leather jacket.

"There he is!" Matt said and welcomed him with open arms.

"Cut the crap dude. Ang babading ninyo." Dimitri said and shook his head with laughter

Nilagpasan lang ni Liam si Matt dahil sa kalokohan niya.

"Bourbon, neat please." Liam ordered and sat down on one of the bar stools.

"Woah! Rough day?" Matt asks him.

"Went at the site today. " Sagot niya

"Hey babe"

"Let's spend the night together. Papaligayahin kita."

"Ayy papables! Sumama ka saakin at dadalhin kita sa langit nyahaha!"

"Sweetie I can make you happy."

Iyan lang naman ang mga naririnig nilang magkakaibigan. Mga hunk kasi sila. Malalaki ang katawan at mga pogi kaya naman pati bading ay nahuhumaling.

"So how's Maeve?" Tanong ni Matt with matching taas baba ng kilay.

"Who's that? New bed buddy?" Dimitri asks him too

"What do you mean 'so how's Maeve'? Dude, you just gave her name. Not her number or address. Kung binigay mo sana edi masasagot ko yang tanong mo." He said and the bartender placed his order infront of him.

"Ang hina mo naman bro." Matt laughed at him. "Oh andyan na pala sila." Matt said and looked at the entrance of the bar.

"Sino?" Dimitri

"Who?" Liam

Liam and Dimitri looked back and they saw two stunningly beautiful ladies walking towards them.