Chapter 16

ANOTHER week has passed. 1 week of runway practice and photoshoots. Busy si Maeve, Danielle at Matt dahil sa gaganaping fashion show.

Late na kung maka uwi si Maeve at Danielle sa kanilang bahay dahil after practice, nagpupunta pa sila sa Gym so that they stay in shape. Gusto nila, perfect lahat for the fashion show.

3 more days and the fashion show will be held. Both excitement and nervousness and nararamdaman ni Maeve and Danielle. Even though they have done it several times already, kinakabahan parin sila.

Well you're not human if you don't feel such emotions, right?

"Nakaka-stress masyado, tutal 3 days more at matatapos din ang kalbaryo nating lahat." Nag-inat si Matt bago lumapit ng tuluyan kila Maeve at Danielle. "Bar tayo girls, I'll invite Dimitri and Liam. And oh, si Vanessa na rin." He said while smiling widely.

"Are you being serious? Bar? Malapit na ang fashion show, do you want us to get bloated?" Naka taas ang kilay na sabi ni Danielle.

As for Maeve, parang wala siyang naririnig. She has been like this. Para nanaman siyang robot. Nag aayos na siya ng mga gamit niya and ready to go home na.

"C'mon Elle, masyado ka nang fit. It's only for 1 night, bukas hit the Gym or whatever. Just please let's wind down tonight." Pagpipilit ni Matt.

Matt has an interesting character, he can persuade you as easy as that. At dahil mapilit siya, pumayag si Danielle.

"Maeve, you coming?" Tila wala nanaman itong narinig at patuloy lang itong nakatulala.

Nagkatinginan si Danielle at Matt.

Wala nanaman sa sarili ang kaibigan nila. Matt gave Danielle a playful wink and started to drag Maeve out of the auditorium where their practice is being held.

Hindi umangal si Maeve, ni hindi man lang siya sumigaw o ano pa man. Umiiling nalang na sumunod si Danielle sa mga kaibigan niya.

AS USUAL, nasa Prisma nanaman silang lahat. Sa isang private booth. The music inside the bar was loud. Everybody seems to be enjoying, except for two people. Whose staring at each other.

Their eyes seems to be the one communicating.

Her eyes gave away pain.

His eyes are longing.

They sit across from each other. Magka-tapat na sila. They're just one reach apart.

They're so close, yet so far.

Danielle seems to notice the electricity that runs through their eyes, so she whispered something into Matt's ears. "Babe you wanna dance? Let's go dance!" Wika ni Matt kay Vanessa, yes she's here. Gusto niyang tumutol pero wala na siyang nagawa nung hinila siya ni Matt papunta sa dance floor.

"Dim, sayaw din tayo!" At hinila rin ni Danielle si Dimitri papunta sa dance floor.

Now, it's just the two of them. Walang gumalaw, they just continued to stare at each other.

After a few minutes, Maeve was the one to broke their little stare game. She was about to reach for the beer but Liam grabbed her hand to stop her. "Don't. Please."

Nagulat si Maeve sa biglaang pagdampi ng balat nito sa kanya. She felt the tingling electricity that run through her system. Binawi niya ang kamay niya.

"Let's talk Maeve, and I want you to be in your sober state." He said still looking into her eyes.

Maeve heaved a sigh, maybe they really have to talk. "Okay. Let's talk." Sabi niya at humalukipkip na tumingin sa kanya.

"I want to start by saying I'm sorry and that whatever Vanessa has told you, it was all in the past. It was before I met you." He said.

"So are you trying to make me one of the girls that you fucked and is gonna be in your past too? Because if that's the case then I don't want to waste my time." She said, her voice cold.

Nagtagis ang bagang ni Liam sa sinabi niya. Lumapit si Liam, so close that Maeve could smell his manly perfume that made her want to bury her face on his neck.

"Maeve when I met you, I felt something different. I have never felt this before, I don't know how to decipher this. I'm not used to voicing out my feelings, hell! This is all new to me. But one thing is for sure Maeve, I don't want you to just be part of my past. I want you to be my present and future. So please, give me a chance to show you that I can treat you better than he did." Liam cupped her face.

She doesn't know what had gotten into her but she reached his face and kissed him.

He was shocked at first because he was expecting for a slap or something. When he got his composure back, he kissed her with full of longing and... love?