Chapter 2☽

As I get settled into my oh-so-large room, I decide to lay down on the oh-so-large bed, to take a nap.

I let out a small yawn, and snuggle down further into the warm blankets. I suddenly feel a bit nauseous, as I realise I do not know who's bed I am currently resting in. But I push away that thought, and I close my eyes once more, letting sleep and darkness take over...

Footsteps approach the bed, and one of my eyes open. A male, a little older than me, stares down at me as I 'sleep'.

I'm suddenly thrown into a panic; who is this guy? Is this his bed? Terror and fear flow through me. Both my eyes fling open and I abruptly sit up. The guy doesn't flinch, no signs of being startled. No signs of surprise. But I don't hesitate to push further.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

Instead of looking angry or confused, he looks rather amused.

"I am Alpha Elijah, and I'm here because I'm tired and last time I checked, this was my bedroom," I'm suddenly quite alarmed, and I look away, but less than a second later I look back, eyes wide.

"You're the 'alpha' everyone's been talking about?" I ask. He nods his head.

"Yes, I am. What pack did you come from?" He asks. I raise an eyebrow.

"Huh?"

"What pack did you come from?" He asks again.

"None..?"

"So you're a rogue?" He is suddenly alarmed, and let's out a threatening... growl??

"What the hell is a rogue? What the hell is a pack? What the hell is an Alpha?" I ask. He looks taken aback.

"What do you mean? You should know what all of those things are..." he mutters the last sentence, but surprisingly, I can still here him.

"How old are you?" He asks. I look at him the a confused expression.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I snap. He growls, again.

"Stop with the growling, you creep," I say. Again, he looks taken aback.

"How. Old. Are. You?" He says through gritted teeth. I huff and cross my arms.

"If you must know, I'm 16, and my birthday is not tomorrow but the next day." I explain. Now he's satisfied, he turns around and walks away, out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

Finally, I can get back to my nap.

When I wake, it is dark, mainly because the curtains are covering the glass wall, but when I push them away, it really is night time.

Despite this new information, I turn around and creep down the stairs. As I do so, I hear Nora and a few others talking to each other, and, to my disapproval, they seem to be talking about me. I pause and think about opening the door, but then realise it would be way better to just hang around out here and listen.

"When are you going to  tell her?" Nora asks.

"I don't know. I mean, she should already know!" Elijah replies. I should already know what, exactly?

"Well, in a few days it's her birthday, so she's gonna shift then. Maybe you can explain to her after she's shifted." Nora suggests.

Shifted? What the hell does that mean?

"Nora, I don't even know her name..." Elijah complains.

Good. Let's keep it that way.

"Her name is Primrose." Nora says dully.

Well, there goes that idea. Thanks, Nora.

"Primrose..." Elijah says, testing it out. "What a beautiful name..." he says. I roll my eyes.

At that, I decide to stop listening and head back up to my room.

But as i do so, after I finish leaning on the door, since it had been pushed in for so long, when I push away the door falls back into the frame, making a large bang kind of noise.

Before I can get in trouble, I turn around and clumsily sprint up the stairs and to where I was meant to be, which in fact caused more noise.

Whoops?

677 words.

Hello my little angels 😇
How did you like the second chapter?

Thanks for waiting!!
» Leo 🔥