Chapter 10☽

"Elijah!!" I shout as I close in on the pack house. After running in wolf form for about ten minutes I shifted back and ran with my human legs the rest of the way. I had found a pair of pants and a long tee shirt at the bottom of a tree and climbed up a tree to get dressed, then I leapt back off and kept on running.

The young werewolves are playing in the yard, but immediately stop once they see me.

"Luna? What's wrong?" They ask. I look behind me and notice eyes lingering in the darkness, even though it was the middle of the day.

"Get Elijah, now!" They didn't bother arguing, and they raced inside. But a moment later Elijah came racing out towards me.

"What's wro— holy shit," wolves pour out of the woods towards the pack house.

Elijah turns around and calls back, "get the warrior wolves into position! We're under attack!"

Men race out of the pack house and leap into the air, shifting and then landing.

"Primrose, get inside."

"But I wanna—"

"NO BUTS! Get inside.. NOW!!" He yells. I turn around and scramble into the pack house, turn around and lock the door. Behind me I can hear whispers, so I turn back around.

Pretty much all those who couldn't fight, which mainly consisted of women and children, were whispering amongst themselves. With my extended hearing, I listened intently on there conversations.

"Is that the luna?"

"Look! It's the luna!"

"She's panting; is she okay?"

Little Matilda parted the crowd and walked up to me, took me by the hand, and dragged me into the crowd.

"While you're here, there are some people i want to you meet,"

She takes me into the kitchen and makes me close my eyes. When she tugs on my arm, I open my eyes again to see two people; an older woman, maybe in her late 30's, and a young boy about Matilda's age.

"Um, Matilda? Who are these people?" I ask. A bead of sweat rolls down Matilda's head and she plays with her thumbs.

"Well, they're... rogues." I try to remember what a 'rogue' is, and when I do I gasp.

"As in, the bad werewolves?" Matilda giggles and shakes her head.

"Carla and Liam aren't bad! They're scared," she says with a frown.

"Scared? What are they scared of?" I ask. Matilda makes me lean down so I'm at her height.

"They're scared of Elijah," she says. I pull back and raise an eye brow.

"Elijah? Why are they scared of Elijah?" I ask.

"He's the alpha. He can do whatever he wants. And if he finds Carla and Liam here, they — and mum and I — will be executed. Me and mummy for treason and Carla and Liam for trespassing," Matilda explains.

"So.. what would you like me to do about it?" I ask.

"I need you to talk to Elijah. You're his signifant other. He'll listen to you," Matilda says. I raise an eyebrow again.

"I think you mean significant other, and where did you even hear that phrase?" I ask. She grins.

"Mummy was talking to me about mates, and how they are you sig–nif–ee–kent other; you'll be lost without them. And people always listen to their sig–nif–ee–kent other, because they're important. So hopefully Elijah will listen to you." She explains. I smile.

"Let me—"

"Please Luna Primrose? We have no where else to go," Liam says as he slowly approaches me. I smile.

"Oh alright. What's the harm?" I laugh and ruffle his hair.

Suddenly, there was a banging on the door; like someone was trying to break in.

582 words.

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long wait! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and sorry bout the cliffhanger! Stay tuned for the next chapter and please check out my new book, even though it's coming soon but just give me your thoughts and opinions please :) thanks!
Alexandré ❄️