Chapter 7☽

I stare at him — well, the wolf stares at him. But, then again, I am also the wolf.

As I stare, Elijah — well, the wolf — turns to look at me with those beautiful silver eyes.

And then there is a sudden voice in my head.

Hey Primrose!

I am smart enough not to speak aloud, so I reply telepathically, hoping it would work.

And by some miracle, it did.

Who the hell are you and how are you talking to me?

A feministic giggle erupts in my brain. Whoever is speaking to me, you can tell she's no bad ass. Then again, neither am I.

Before I was taken by What Lies Within — which I had just recently discovered was the guy who was somehow making me develop a crush on him — I wasn't the bad ass, I wasn't the jock, I wasn't the popular, I wasn't the goth or emo, and I wasn't the prep. I was the nerd. The one everyone looks down on, the one everyone despises. To be honest, they probably haven't even noticed my absence.

But now, I'm not sure what I am.

Well, I guess I'm some weird ass freak who can turn into a wolf and talk to a voice in her head. But that's totally normal... right?

I'm your wolf! The name's Viola. I'll be your personal guide through all this! The not-so-bad-ass voice replies. Well, I guess I should call her Viola now.

Well, Viola. If your gonna be my guide, you can start by explaining this whole thing to me. I say.

Aw, I'm sorry sweetie, but that's where Elijah comes in. He'll explain everything to you as soon as you follow him into the wood.

I chuckle half-heartedly.

Last time I followed him into the wood, I ended up on the front step of a psych ward with weirdos who could turn into wolves. I say.

Sweetie, you're one of those weirdos who can turn into wolves. And this isn't a psych ward. It's a pack house. She replies; her sympathy for my ignorance is nauseating.

A pack house? As in, a pack of animals? I ask, suddenly interested.

Well, a pack of wolves more specifically, but yes. Technically it's a pack of animals. She corrects me. I furrow my brows.

A wolf pack? What are you saying? I ask, intrigued by her relevant knowledge.

Sweetie, you're surrounded by a pack of werewolves... she replies. This confuses me much more than the fact that i'm talking to a voice in my head.

Werewolves? So are you saying that if they can turn into wolves they are werewolves, but that means... Before I can finish, Viola ends my theory for me.

That's right, Prim. You're a werewolf. She says.

You know how previously I've been saying that the sudden knowledge has nearly been enough to knock me out?

Well this knowledge actually did knock me out.

I was out like a light.

498 words

I'm sorry for the cliffhanger.

Haha, I'm really not. You know I enjoy torturing you guys 😂😂

Thanks lil angels 😇
— Leo 🔥