Chapter 21☽

Primrose
"Hey now, I may be experiencing the not-so-sciency periodic table, if you know what I mean," I pause as the boys grimace. "but that doesn't mean I can't hear you." I finish. Carlos' eyes widen in concern.

"Oh, er, psh, what do you mean? We didn't, er, say anything, ha. Ha." He says. I raise my eyebrow and give him the oh-so-famous stop-bullshitting-me glare, before we finally stop arguing and continue escaping.

By now we were miles away from the rogue pack house, and hopefully in the right direction of my pack house.

"So, how long have you two been together for?" I suddenly ask Luke and Benj, trying to think of a way to break the tension and start a conversation.

"We came from the same pack and found out that we were mates when we were 16. When our parents found out that we were gay, my parents being the alpha and luna and Luke's being the beta and beta female, kicked us out of the pack. We found Finn and he took us in. We took an oath to—"

"Serve him and his every need and you have been ever since, I know, Carlos told me pretty much the same thing," I cut Benj off. He smiles before finishing his answer.

"So the answer to your question is, we have been together for about 9 years." Benj says. Luke gives him a peck on the cheek and I mentally squeal.

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life, Viola says. I mentally nod before Benj, Luke, Carlos and I continue onwards.

Elijah
"Hey, are you okay?" I ask the hexwolf as she curls up into a ball.

"It's okay, I'm here to help," I reassure her. She looks up at me and a splitting pain erupts in my head.

"You're intentions are pure. I need you to get that flower for me." She points over to a small patch of purple flowers about ten feet away. An unmistakeable plant that every werewolf recognises at first glance.

Aconite, also known as wolfsbane.

"What do you need that for?" I ask her. She gives me a subtle glare and says, "Do you want to save my life or not?" I gulp and walk over to the flower, picking it by the stem and taking it over to the hexwolf, trying not to flinch as it burns where my bare skin touched it.

"Here," I say, sitting it in her outstretched hands. She flinches as the plant makes contact with her skin, but despite this she rubs it up and down her arms. I look at her like she's a crazy person, and she sees my reaction.

"The wolfsbane is triggering my werewolf healing, so when it heals the burns it heals the cuts quicker as well." She explains.

"I'll keep that in mind next time I need to heal quickly," I say, and she gives me a thankful smile.

501 words.