Chapter 15☽

Elijah
"Do I know you from somewhere?" I hear Madison ask Marli.

Oh, this is gonna be good. My wolf, Marcus, says. I chuckle in response.

"Er, maybe," Marli replies shyly. Madison stops to think for a moment.

"Hey!! You're Marli Rae, aren't you!! I knew I've seen you somewhere; you've been on TV for the last four years! People have been looking for you everywhere. Why'd you run away?" Madison screeches. Marli laughs.

"I didn't run away, silly. I came here the exact same reason Luna Primrose came here; I was dared, crossed the border, Caleb here sniffed me out and BAM! I was back at the pack house," she explained with a smile.

"But the pack house is miles away from the borderline of the forest. How did he sniff you out from so far back?" Madison queried. Marli smiled.

"Because I'm a wolf. Since I'm a wolf, it makes my scent stronger so my mate can find me easier, even if I'm miles away." She explained.

"That's why I could smell Primrose; even though she hadn't shifted yet, she was a wolf which meant she let off an aroma that was easily detected. Plus, since she was my mate, she was even easier to smell. That's how I knew she was there." I explained. Memories of the day flooded back to me.

I honestly can't stand this meeting any more, Marcus complained. I sighed.

You're not the only one, I replied. Suddenly, all I could smell was this beautiful fragrance lingering in the air; vanilla and peppermint. I shot up out of my seat and went to leave the meeting without a second thought. But before I could open the door, Nora had her hand on my shoulder.

"Where are you going?" She asked. I turned around, my wolf at the surface. She flinched once she saw my glowing eyes, but calmed when she heard my answer.

"To find my mate," I said, and with that I raced out of the meeting room and towards the border that separated the wolf world from the human world.

I leapt into the air and shifted, landing on all four paws in my brown wolf with silver glowing eyes. I sprinted towards the edge of Marli Forest, named after my Gamma Female after she disappeared four years ago. Eventually I reached the border that, when crossed, led to the human side.

I saw two girls, one with blonde hair and hazel eyes that looked extremely nervous, and another girl who had long brown hair, but she was facing away from me.

That's our mate! The scent is coming from her! Marcus yelled. I chuckled and hid in the shadows of the trees. The brunette walked towards me; not knowing I was there, of course. She had piercing blue eyes that held an immense amount of fear. She gulped, but continued walking forward. I hear my beta, Aaron, howl in the distance, and birds fly up out of the trees in fear. I take this as an opportunity and leap forward, pushing my mate to the ground.

Careful with her, she's not a chew toy! Marcus growls. I growl back.

I know she's not, dimwit! I am being careful, now stop ruining my concentration, I reply rather harshly. I throw my mate onto my back and race off back to the pack house.

A hand brings me out of my thoughts as it waves in front of my face to snap me out of my trance.

"Elijah? We're nearly there," Madison says, pointing to a small house in the distance.

"Are you sure that's the Moon Shadow Pack house?" I ask. She shakes her head in confusion.

"They don't live in a pack house anymore. Primrose's parents didn't want her to find out that she was a werewolf because then the rogues wouldn't find out and they wouldn't come after her," she explained.

"So this is where her parents live?" I ask. She nods her head.

"Okay, let's do this,"

669 words