Chapter 23☽

Marcus
4 down, 2 I've left, that means there are only 6 more.

And the alpha. Elijah says. I roll my eyes and leap forward, biting down on a neck, and then another neck. I fling another wolf into a tree, and the impact must have broken his ribs and pierced his lungs.

Now there is only three wolves left, and the alpha. They all look rather unsatisfied, and the alpha turns to one of the wolves and nods. It leaps forward and grabs on to my neck. I fling it off and it hits a tree, shifting back from the impact. She grabs some material to cover herself, and as I go over to her she shows her neck in submission. The hexwolf leaps in front of me once more and shakes her head. I turn back toward the two remaining wolves who I didn't have to keep alive.

Now now, Marcus. Have some pitty for them, Elijah says. I roll my eyes as Finn sends the two wolves in together.

One wolf circles me, with silver fur and icy blue eyes. It looked unsure, as if it didn't know is it should kill me or not. The three wolves I had left alone were with the hexwolf. I could immediately tell that she (she being the hexwolf) would jump in front of icy-eyes, so I left her alone and bit down on the remaining neck of last wolf that wasn't worth saving. Now all who was left was the alpha. He growled, but turned away and walked back into the forest.

I turned back to look at the four wolves who had all shifted back. The guys were wearing boxer shorts and the women wore big shirts. I walk over to a tree where a pair of boxer shorts were, and shifted back to put them on.

Then, Elijah took over once more.

Elijah
The hexwolf looked at me gratefully as she rubbed wolfsbane on the rogues to help them heal faster. They all winced in pain, but were relieved when the burns and broken bones had healed.

"Thank you," the hexwolf said as she put the wolfsbane into a pocket in her rucksack. She opened up a larger pocket and pulled out a shirt and some pants for me to put on, and I took them gratefully.

"No, thank you," I said as I slid on the clothes.

That's quite convenient, Marcus says.

Yes, we should look into having the border guards have rucksacks filled with clothes, I say.

"I didn't introduce myself before. I'm Ava," she says, sticking out her hand for me to shake.

"Elijah," I say, shaking her hand. She smiles and then turns to the four wolves I had left.

"This is Bianca," she pointed to a girl with ice blue eyes and jet black hair. "This is Victoria," she pointed to a girl with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. "And this is Sullivan and Levi." The two guys both had brown hair, but one had green eyes whereas the other one had blue eyes. I noticed that Sullivan was the one who had killed his mate.

The four got down on one knee, one fist touching the ground in front of their foot and the other hand on their knee that wasn't touching the ground. They were all looking downwards, and I suddenly realised that they were bowing.

They wanted to join my pack.

573 words.