Chapter 6☽

Elijah rushes me out into the front yard and lays me down in the grass. A splitting pain travels through my head. I grit my teeth together to hold back a scream, but it doesn't work and a bloodcurdling sound escapes me, and the pain slightly fades.

My eyes sting with tears and they start to fall, making pale tracks down my cheeks and minute indentations in the dirt.

Yet another intense shock of pain travels through me, and I yelp instead of scream. Before I have time to wonder what's happening to me again, my jaw starts to morph into more of a muzzle, and the pain is more excruciating than ever. Fur sprouts from ever pore in my body and my eyes move into the shape of a wolfs. Eventually I am on my hands and knees, but then I realise something completely unbelievable.

I'm in fact not in my hands and knees.

I am on four white paws.

My head is no longer pounding and I have an urge to howl. I look around, and Elijah is standing in front of me, staring at me in awe.

Do I look any different apart from the dog feet?

"Go get a mirror," he mumbles to the girl with dark brown hair. She runs off into the house and I feel a ping of jealousy that she was loyal to him, then again even the males were loyal to Elijah. But I still felt envious, like he was satisfied with not only my loyalty but everyone else's.

The girl — who looked unusually familiar — returned with a large mirror in her arms. Elijah thanked her and took the mirror and sat it on the dirt and grass in front of me.

I looked in to my reflection. I was expecting to see ordinary brown hair and blue eyes, but what was actually shown nearly knocked me unconscious.

I was a wolf.

But not just any wolf. Oh, no. I was a white wolf, with fur like snow and eyes that were golder than anything possible.

But it didn't matter what coloured fur I had, or what coloured eyes I had.

Because I was a wolf.

A god damn wolf.

"I was going to tell you sooner, but I thought it would be best for you to find out yourself." Elijah tells me. Before I can say anything — which I probably couldn't have anyway — Elijah is running toward the wood, and as he did so he leapt into the air and turned into a wolf.

A wolf with red brown fur and silver eyes.

A wolf that was very familiar.

A wolf that will forever be in my memory.

A wolf that took me away from my family.

But he wasn't a wolf.

He was the wolf.

The same wolf that brought me here.

And the most daunting thought was that the wolf was the man I seemed to be drawn to, and it was the most frustrating thing in the world.

And that — just like the pain that had rushed through my head only moments before — nearly knocked me unconscious.

520 words.

Thanks again little angels 😇
— Leo 🔥