Chapter 18☽

Primrose
"Okay, first of all we need a plan—" I'm cut off when Finn walks into the room and sees our little meeting.

"What's going on here?" He asks, rage consuming his facial expression. I'm about to say something but Benj cuts me off.

"She was trying to escape, and Carlos decided it would be better if he had some back up so if she tried to escape again, multiple people would be able to stop her. Three's better than one!" He says nervously. Finn looks at him for a moment before deciding he was telling the truth, even though he wasn't.

Ha ha, sucker! Viola says. I mentally laugh as Finn turns around and walks out of the room, closing the door behind them. Just as I'm about to speak again he opens the door and comes in.

"If she tries to escape again, alert me." He says, and Benj, Carlos and Luke all nod before Finn leaves the room again, this time without turning around and coming back in.

"Okay, first of all we need a plan. Any ideas?" I ask once I'm certain Finn is out of ear range.

"We could tell them that we're going on a walk so you can get some fresh air?" Benj suggests. I nod my head.

"That could work." I say.

"Okay, once we get off the pack land, what do we do then?" Luke asks.

"Then, we run like hell."

Elijah
"How do you know where you're going?" I ask Luna Paige. The only people in the car were Rachel, Theo, Paige, Jaye and myself, because I had told the others to go back to the pack house so at least somebody was in charge while I was gone.

"I don't, I'm just praying to the moon goddess that it's the right direction." She says.

Suddenly all I can smell is trash, and a different scent that I had never smelt before. It was definitely a rogue, and something else, too.

"Stop the car." I demanded. Paige looked at me like I was crazy.

"Why?" She asked. I could feel my wolf pushing through and saw in the rear-view mirror that my eyes were glowing.  When I spoke, my voice was a lot deeper than usual.

"I said stop the car." Marcus growled. Jaye growls back.

"Don't speak to my mate in that tone," he growls. Paige puts and hand on his shoulder to calm him down, and, much to her annoyance, she stops the car. I fling the door open and leap out, sniffing the air in the process.

"What the moon goddess do you think you're doing?" Jaye shouts as he gets out of the car as well. He is about to say something else but is cut off by the two scents I had smelt before.

In unison, Jaye and I say one word that causes shock upon everyone else.

"Rogue."

485 words.