I SHOULD'VE KNOWN

I pulled over the car and parked it outside the house.

'What did you mean. The things you said to me in the traffic?' I looked Shelly in the eyes.

Shelly looked at me, didn't say a single word.

As I was about to open my mouth she pulled me in and our lips locked. The kiss was long and passionate and it got my mind off everything else. We made out in the parking lot for a solid ten minutes before a phone call end our make out session.
-
'Hello?'

'Are ya gonna do it or what?'

'I am.'

'Then what are you waiting for? Do it.'

'You know I'm not an expert at this. Give me some time.'

'Ask Shelly to help you, she's good at this. I got to go now Ethan, the future is in your hands.'

'Wait what?'
-
Before I could say another word, Lanore hung up on me. My mind went blank for a second, when I finally come to my senses what Lanore said to me just now suddenly made sense. Now I get what Shelly blurted out earlier. Should I bring that up?

'Hey Ethan you alright? Ready to go inside?' Shelly whispered.

'Umm Shelly, remember you said something just now?' I look at her.

'Oh umm that.' Shelly said while she tried to avoid my eyes.

'What do you mean by having a lot of experience?' I raised an eyebrow.

'Nothing, really it was nothing.' Shelly looked at me for a second and looked away.

'Okay.' I sighed.

The rest of the night was just me playing GTA, Shelly in her room and mom was out with her friends.

'Hey Ethan? Can I come in, please?' Shelly knocked on my door.

I walked over and opened my bedroom door.

'Hey what's wrong?' I said as I looked at her, with tears streaming down her face.

'My dad is gone.' She weeped.

'Gone?' I raised an eyebrow.

'Yeah gone. He texted me this.' Shelly murmured and holds up her phone.
-

DAD
I'm sorry I have to do this. Stay safe okay? Goodbye.

-

'That doesn't make any sense. What happened?' I wipe away her tears with my hand.

'I think he's going to kill himself.' Shelly murmured.

'Holy shit, we better go to check!' I said anxiously.

'Come on!' I said as I grabbed her wrist.
-
I stopped the car in front of her house and Shelly immediately got out the car and ran towards the house.

Shelly rung the doorbell many times, but there's no sign of anyone opening the door. Shelly collapse to the floor so I ran over to her.