MISSING

'Hey who are you texting?' Vic squeezed in the same chair that I was sitting in.

'Ian' I lied.

'Liar.' Vic glared at me.

'You know you can tell me anything right big bro?' Vic rested her head on my shoulders.

'Yeah, and you too.' I rest my head on Vic's.
-
'Hey how are you' I said as I leaned against the guest room door.

'I'm alright. Ethan, can you come here for a second?' Shelly asked while she gestured at the bed.

'Yeah alright.' I said and sat beside her.

'Promise me you'll never leave me no matter what happens.' Shelly rested her head on my shoulders.

'I promise you. Now get some rest.' I kissed her forehead.

'Okay good night E.' She smiled.

I shut the door gently and walked to my room and saw my mom sitting there.

'Ethan, come sit with mommy.' My mom said.

Haven't heard those words in forever.

'Ethan, did you know I've seen the paper that Lanore left?' She asked softly.

Uh should have thought of that, damn it.

'Mom, Lanore is just messing with us. We don't have to trust her.' I replied, placing my hand on my mom's.

'I think we should leave this to the cops Ethan, we have no reason to interfere with this.' My mom said with worried eyes.

'No we can't mom, you don't understand.' I insisted.

'Okay if you said so.' Mom said and walked out of my room.

I couldn't tell her, I couldn't bare my family getting involved in this.
-
'Wake up honey, wake up.' My mom's voice woke me up.

'Hey what's wrong?' I asked, I saw her worried eyes.

'Honey, Victoria is missing.' She breathed out the words.

'What?' I yelled and rushed to Victoria's room.

She's not in her room. I ran as quick as I could to the rest of the house. Nope no sign of Vic and it's only seven in the morning.

'Go to the school and search for her Ethan.' Mom quickly said to me and I nodded.

Where the hell can she be this early in the morning?

'What's going on?' Shelly came out to the living room, scrubing her eyes.

'Vic's gone missing.' I said as I rushed myself to the bathroom to get myself ready.

'Where are you going Ethan?' Shelly's voice cracked.

'I'm going to find her back in the campus.' I said with toothpaste in my mouth.

'She wouldn't be at the school Ethan, it's seven in the morning. The first class doesn't start till nine.' Shelly stared at my reflection in the mirror.

She's right, she can't be at the school. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

'Yeah you're right. Mom I'm going to The Spikes' to see if she's there!' I yelled loud enough for my mom to hear me.