THE TEXT

Lanore?

Holy crap she looks so different. It's been so long since I've seen her, the last time I saw her was at the hospital after the accident. But what is she doing with Shelly?

I can't hear anything this far, I just can see Shelly whispering something to Lanore and gave her the plastic bag and went inside the house with her. What's going on? I better wait here.
-
I've been in my car for almost an hour until Shelly finally came out of the building, she drove off almost immediately so I followed her to downtown then I lost her.
What is she doing with Lanore and most importantly, what is in the bag?
-
'Mom, I saw Lanore today.' I said to her while preparing the food for dinner.

'Ethan, you better not be joking around.' My mom put down the knife and look at me.

'I'm not mom, I swear I saw her today.' I replied.

'Where?' My mom's eyes widened.

'In WeHo, I think it was an abandoned building.' I replied.

'You shouldn't be in that part of the city Ethan, it's dangerous. What's Lanore doing there?' She asked.

'I don't know, she was with my friend Shelly, the girl I met on the first day of school? Shelly came to the building to see Lanore, that's all I know.' I replied.

'Well, don't get involved in Lanore's business, I don't trust her.' My mom said, I felt her anger and I understand.

My mom haven't let go of what happened with Lanore, I know my mom is afraid of Lanore and what she will do to the family. Lanore is a really bad person, she used to beat us up including mom, but we never said anything to her, we should have. But it's too late now.

I was thinking about the whole thing for the whole night. Should I go ask Shelly? Should I intervene with this?
-

PRIVATE NUMBER

miss me?

ME

Who is this?

PRIVATE NUMBER

oh how can you forget your own sister?

ME

Lanore?

PRIVATE NUMBER

yeah Ethan. you know I know you followed Shelly to West Hollywood today. Do you respect privacy? Nevermind, you just got your little girlfriend in trouble.

I'll talk to you soon xx

ME

What do you mean? Hello?! Lanore, please tell me what you mean!

ME

HELLO?!

ME

HELLO?!
-
Holy shit! What just happened? I better tell Vic.

'Victoria open up.' I knocked on her bedroom door.

'What do you want Ethan?' Victoria glared at me.

'See for yourself.' I showed her the phone.

'Lanore?!' She said surprisingly.

'Yeah, I was following Shelly because she was acting strange and she had bruises and cuts on her arm.' I added.

'Ignore her, you can't believe this woman. Now get out! I need to go to bed.' Victoria said and pushes me out of the door.

What a wonderful little sister.

I decided to let it be, Victoria is right. Lanore can't be trusted.
-
I walked into the lecture hall and thank god I wasn't late, I barely made it.
Something's missing though. Shelly is not here again.

I tried to stop myself from over thinking until I hear my phone buzz, so I took a peak.

SHELLY
help me.

Lanore was serious? Oh god no.
--

hey amazing peeps!
i hope you find this chapter interesting, and I hope it's not going to slow since I'm still developing the whole story. But hopefully I'm getting there.
Please vote, comment and follow me.
it means a lot!
If you want to find out what happens next, add this to your reading list or your library.
Feel free to send me reading requests, reading your works actually gives me inspiration.
If you want a follow, just let me know and I'll do so.
i appreciate you all♡
xx kel