NEWS OF SORROW

'The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained'

■■■

'Shelly.'

'What?' Ian asked doubtedly.

'Shelly. Lanore hinted it was Shelly who shot Vic.' I said.

'Hey dude, you sure she's not messing with you? I mean it's Lanore.' Ian said.

'Well, we're about to find out.' I replied as I clenched my jaw.
-
ME
Hey where are you Shelly?

SHELLY
I'm at the campus, come if you want to talk to me. I'll be in the psychologist office.

ME
Alright. Stay right there.
-
'We're heading back to USC Ian, she's there waiting.' I turned to Ian after I put away my phone.

'Are you okay?' I added.

'No. Are you?' Ian looks so grave.

'No, I just lose my sister. Now I lost both of my sisters.' I let a tear drop from my eyes.

'Hey hey, it's alright.' Ian comforted me.
-
'Ah you're here.' Shelly tried to peck a kiss on my lips but I dodged it.

'Hey, what's wrong?' Shelly cups my face with her hand.

'We went to the house to look for Vic and she was shot.' I murmured.

'What? Oh honey.' She pulled me in for a hug, I felt her warm tear falling down to my shoulder.

'We should call the cops Ethan.' Ian said in the corner.

'No we can't Ian.' I clenched my jaw.

'We don't have a choice! You and I both know we should leave this to the cops and you're fully aware that your sister, my girlfriend is shot.' Ian shouted.

'Yeah he's right Ethan, you should call the cops.' Shelly looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

'Fine. I'll call the cops.'
-
'No!' My mom collapse onto the floor. I rush over and hold her in my arms.

'I'm sorry Ms. We have already filed for a missing person case and our investigators are doing their best to find your daughter. In the mean time I need you to calm down and listen. Your son and his friend witnessed your daughter being shot but we can't verify anything because there weren't any evidence at the scene, not that we know of. We are still trying our very best to investigate the scene and this case. We need you to calm down Mrs. Jordan. We'll do our very best.' The officer said.

'How can this be Ethan. How did she go to that house and get shot? I don't get it.' My mom cried.

'I'll figure this out mom, don't worry.' I said.

'No. No I don't want you to figure this out. Let the cops figure this out. I can't risk losing you. No.' My mom dictated.

'Okay.' I hug her.

Of course I know mom's right. But I had to find out who did it, it couldn't have been Shelly she likes Vic, judging by her reaction, it's not her I'm sure. But who shot Vic?
-
'Hey are you okay?' Shelly leaned on my bedroom door. 'Can I come in?'

'Yeah sure.' I replied.

'They will find Vic Ethan, I'm sure. Don't worry, she's fine.' Shelly held my hand.

'Oh I love your positivity love but I saw with my own eyes, Vic was shot. I don't know if they'll ever find her, I mean after the gun was fired the lights went out, we didn't know what happened. When the lights went back on, nothing is there. Nothing, not even a single blood stain.' I blurted out.

'Shh, please Ethan. Don't think about it okay? Just take some rest and we'll talk about this later alright?' She looked me in the eyes, those blue eyes sparkled.

'Alright.' I smiled.

'I'll stay with you.' Shelly lied down beside me, I wrapped her into my arms and kissed her forehead. Before I knew it, I went out like a light.
-
'Beep…' The sound of my alarm woke me up.

'Good morning beautiful.' I turned to the other side of the bed. Wait, there's no one there. As I remembered last night Shelly stayed with me. Where is she?

'Mom, how are you feeling.' I sat beside mom at the table.

'I'm alright. I just can't believe both of my girls are not here with us.' She said under her breathe.

'It'll get better mom, the cops will do whatever it takes to find her.' I assured her, although I don't really think they'll find Vic.

'Quick question, have you seen Shelly?' I asked.

'Yeah, she said she had to go meet someone and oh yeah, she asked me to tell you she'll be in the campus later just in time for the lecture.' Mom smiled.

'Thanks mom, I got to go.' I kissed her cheeks and left.
-
'Woah hey what's wrong? Why is your arm bleeding?' I asked. I walked into the psychologist office and the first thing I saw was Shelly weeping and bleeding.

'My dad.. When I went back home to grab something, he was so mad that I was gone he grabbed a razer and cut my arm.' Shelly broke down.

'What? That's it, I'm calling the cops.' I said when I take out my phone.

'No you don't understand. You can't. You'll never see me again Ethan.' Shelly yelled.

'Why?' I raised an eyebrow and looked Shelly in the eyes.

'Because, because of your sister Lanore!'
--

Hey lovely readers! I hope you liked this chapter.
Please vote! It means and helps a lot!!

Don't forget to add this to your library and reading lists to keep up with the latest updates!

Have a good week!

xx kel