BURNING IN FLAMES

'Please tell me how's my mom!' I yelled.

'I would need you to calm down first.' The man said softly.

'Please tell us.' Lanore begged.

'You see, your mom was ran over by a car and she's in critical condition right now. She may or may not wake up. Please be ready for any circumstances.' The doctor said.

I felt my heart sink to my stomach and Lanore broke down in tears.

'She will be fine.' I said as I pull Lanore in for a hug.

'You really think so?' Lanore weeped.

'I know so.' I said.
-
Me and Lanore sat outside of the I.C.U just waiting for a miracle. It's been twelve hours and mom's not getting any better. I felt my body shaking and I realize it's hella cold in here and I didn't bring a freaking jacket.

'Lanore, go and get some sleep.' I turned my head to face her.

'Ethan are you sure? I could stay here longer.' Lanore shrugged.

'I am. Now go.' I assured her.

Lanore gave me a tight hug and left.

I decided to stay here longer, wishing mom will wake up any minute.

'Hey!'

I heard a female's voice as her footsteps are coming closer. So I turned around.

'Shelly, what are you doing here?' I raised an eyebrow.

'Lanore told me to come so you can go and get some rest.' Shelly smiled.

'Oh, but that's not necessary. I'm staying. Thank you though.' I smiled back.

'No you need some rest! Just leave it to me don't worry nothing's going to happen.' Shelly said softly.

I slightly nodded and pulled her in for a hug.

'Thank you.' I whispered.

I sighed and left. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by leaving right now. I know mom will want me here.
-
'Fucking hell!' I yelled as I was woken up by an enormous amount of pain and I realized I was on the ground.

I slowly stood up and the whole room's is spinning. As I was getting better with my vision, I took my phone from the night stand and took a glimpse at the time.

'Holy Shit.' I murmured.

I haven't realized I've been sleeping for ten hours, mom will be disappointed if she woke up and didn't see me. So I dialed Shelly's number to check on her.

-
'Hey'

'Ethan?'

'Yeah. How's mom?'

'She's not awake yet. You better come down here.'

'I'm on my way.'

--

'Hey how's mom?' I rushed over to Lanore.

Lanore frown a bit, I could tell by the look on her face something's wrong.

'What's going on? Why are there so many people inside?' I panicked.

'Calm down Ethan! The doctor rushed in because they said mom was fine before but all of a sudden something happened and her heartbeat was slowing down. They're helping her right now.' Lanore said under her breath.

My eyes widened, can't believe a word she's saying.

'How's my mother?' I rushed to the doctor as he came out of the I.C.U.

'I'm sorry we did everything we could. You can go say your goodbyes.' The doctor said with a soft voice.

I felt like my chest was being ripped open. I fell on the ground, covering my head with my head and just broke down.

'Oh my god.' Lanore cried.

We walked into the room slowly.

'Mom?' I held her hand. Cold.

'Please wake up.' I looked at her pale face.

'Please!' I cried.

Everything was unplug. She was just lying there, with no emotion on her face. Just a pale face.

'I should not have left.' I buried my face in the bed sheets.

'Don't blame yourself for this Ethan.' Lanore whispered.

'Yeah I shouldn't. It was your fault, you asked Shelly to come and ask me to go home!' I yelled.

'What? What the hell are you talking about! I didn't do that!' Lanore raised her voice.

'What?' I said.

'I didn't ask Shelly to come!' Lanore yelled.

'Where is she anyway?' Lanore raised an eyebrow.

'She was here just now.' I said.

We looked at each other, not saying a single word and something just hit me.

The doctor didn't tell us why my mom died. Why she was getting better and then in a second everything got worst?

I ran out of the immediately and ran down the hallway to the doctor as he was standing right by the lift.

'How did this happen?' I shook my head.

'Well here's the thing. Your mom was fine just then, as her heartbeat drops we checked everything to see what went wrong. Her sterile water was being poisoned, we are positive we didn't put poison in there so something must have happened. We're currently looking at the security tapes to find anything related to this.' The doctor said softly.

'Hold on, poisoned? She was poisoned? Are you sure?' I asked doubtedly.

'We're doctors, of course we're positive, we're sorry for your lost.' The doctor tabbed my shoulders.

I ran to Lanore as she was thinking about something.

'What did he say?' Lanore said as I approached her.

'He said she was poisoned.' I shrugged.

'What?' Lanore shouted.

'You don't think?' I raised an eyebrow.

'Oh my god. Let's go now!' Lanore grabbed me by the wrist.
-
'Hello anyone home?' I shouted.

'Shelly?' Lanore yelled.

No sign of anyone. None.

'Where the fuck is she!' I stormed out of the door.

'Calm down Ethan! Try to call her.' Lanore hand me her phone and I grabbed it.

I dialed her number and it just went straight to voicemail. I dialed her number again, again straight to voice mail. I called her for another twenty times still went straight to voicemail.

'Nobody is answering.' I yelled hopelessly.

'What? That lil, let's head to my lair.' Lanore said and we ran to the car and drove off.

We were getting close to the building and we saw Shelly running out, her long legs made her run like the wind, so fast we couldn't even stop her.

'What the hell?' Lanore yelled.

The 'lair' was on fire and everything's burning into flames.

--

I hope you'll like this chapter!
Do you think Shelly did that to Ethan's mom?
Haha let me know in the comment secton below!
Don't foget to VOTE and COMMENT and SHARE● *I'm following people who voted and commented on my chapters*
Add this to your reading lists and Library to keep up with latest updates!
Have a good week babes♡♡