Chapter 7: The Invasion

Narrator's PoV

As Happy took Lucy high in the air, a huge battle over took below. "Macao! Wakaba! Lab! Vijeeter! Kianna! Jet! Get the civilians to safety!" Gramps commanded to the six members. "But master, I wanna fight with Levy." Jet moaned, animated tears flying down his face. "The faster you get that done! The faster you can come fight! Now go!" Master cries and the said members escort the people who had nothing to do with this, out.

Lucy's PoV

"Wow Lucy, you've lost weight." Happy laughs. "Shut up you stupid cat. Quick, to that beam over there." He throws me to it and I grab onto it with my hands, lifting myself up. Suddenly, my keys fly through a broken window, which Natsu had created with his fire, and into my hand. "Right. I guess I can finally use the power my mother gave me." I nod, clasping the keys and smiling determinedly. "Happy, you go help Natsu. I've got this." I turn to him, revolution written in my features. "Are you sure Lucy?" Happy asks worriedly. "Don't worry. I've got this." I pat his head lovingly and he flies away to Natsu. "Alright guys. We've been waiting for this for a long time." I look down at my keys. "Lucy!" I heard a voice from below. There stood a very ill looking Loke. "Loke! How long have you lasted like this?!" I cry back worriedly. "Long enough!" He shouts back. "Right!" I smile and grab a certain key from my pouch. "OPEN THE GATE OF THE FORBIDDEN WARRIOR! LEO!" I shout and wave that key down.

Suddenly, a glow emits from Loke's chest and a smile forms on his face. "Thank you, Lucy." His voice echoes in my head. I guess this needs some explanation. Loke is a celestial spirit. You see, when I was younger, Loke was my mother's spirit. She would summon him regularly so I would have a friend. Although she tried to hid the fact that he was one, and making my look my age, I eventually found out. When she died, he left and went on to a new master, Lilian. Many years past and she abused her spirits. Lilian made a deal with my father, and when she couldn't return her end of the deal, he sent me to kill her. After that I received her spirits, but Loke was in a fit with her at the time and was blamed for her death. He was banished from the Celestial world and went to Fairy Tail, a guild my mother would talk about fondly and a lot. Before I left, we had this fiasco with the celestial King and got his key back, but I was kidnapped before we could finish the process.

Anyway, back to the fight. After we discussed a quick plan, Loke went to fight. While this was happening, I shouted to Erza. "Erza! Lend me a sword?" I ask. She wasn't the only Heartfilia to know the art of swordsmanship. She smirked and tossed one up to me, as I was still sitting on the beam. I quickly summoned Aries, another spirit, and asked her to make a soft landing area for me. "Of course, ma'am." She shied away and made a platform of wool on the ground below. "Here goes nothing." I smile to her and grab her hand. "Let's do this together." She smiles back, still shy, and we jump down together.

Aries' PoV

Thankfully it was a safe landing, and we rapidly jumped off, backs together. "You take my back, I'll take yours. Okay?" Lucy-sama told to me over her shoulder. I nod. She's a lot like her mom. I think and we begin attacking.

Natsu's PoV

As I watch Lucy jump down with one of her spirits, I have my back against Gray's. "She's become more confident since she left, huh?" Gray comments, noticing my worried stare, taking out a few ghouls. "She's still one of us." I also take out a portion of our enemy. "THESE GUYS ARE SIMILAR TO JOSE'S. TAKE CAUTION!" Lucy announces to us. We all take in this information and do as she says.

Erza's PoV

She may have become more confident, but she's still been through the hardships she had before. She's still a little broken inside I think as I watch her from the corner of my eye. I need to protect that baby sister that still cries inside her. Block an attacker from Mira, who had changed into her demon form. Over the year, she was able to unlock her magic once again. "That's Erza!" Mira smirks. "You must be more careful, Mira. You wouldn't want to lose your magic again." I smirk back. "Don't worry Erza. It's a lot different from last time. This time, I have all my family, not just the one, on the line." She hits an attacker dead on. "Thank you, Mira." We take some out together. "Don't let your guard down, Erza. We still are to save Lucy. I don't want to lose you too." She join backs. "I love you too, Mira." I whisper under my breath. With that, we continue on in silence, all concentration on the battle.

Lucy's PoV

It's no use, they will keep coming and repairing themselves if we don't destroy Jude. I begin panting, my magic decreasing. "Princess, shall I return?" Aries turns to me as we hide behind a pillar so I can semi replenish my energy. "No, we must continue fighting." I get up off the floor. "She's right Lucy. You don't look too good." Loke stands beside us, protecting us from on coming attackers. "I won't be able to do anything without you two. And this is the first time I've used my real magic in so long. I need to get used to it again." I sigh, knowing I'm helpless without my spirits. "Lucy, you can use that." Loke suggests. "I said I'd never use that again, it only brings chaos." I stand, using my sword for support. "But you defeated it, you have control!" He encourages me. "Not until it is the last resort." I raise my hand to stop them.

Suddenly, they begin disappearing. "Sorry, princess, it looks like your magic is running low." Aries panics. "Don't worry guys. I've this." I smile at them and return to the battle field without them. This is going to be difficult. But if it were easy, it'd be no fun.