Chapter 23: The Visit

Lucy's PoV

When we were in the depths of the forest, and I knew the others wouldn't encounter an enemy, I wondered off without them noticing. Then, I used a teleportation lacrima I snuck out of the guild, setting course for the highly secured prison for Fiore's most dangerous criminals. Because Jude had done work with Zeref, they couldn't risk the idea of learning his tricks. There were two guards standing outside. "State purposes." One commanded. "I'm here to see Jude Heartfilia, I'm his daughter." I added on the end. They both grew wide eyed. "I need some information on a coworker of his." I crossed my arms, raising an eyebrow. "No visitors." They other stated, both going back to their previous, stiff stance. "Are you sure about that?" I could feel Shadow coming in, letting out dark energy. "Be quick." They both stepped aside for me.

How the hell did you do that? I questioned her as a guard led us to my father's jail cell. "A demon never explains her tricks, my lovely." She smirked. Oh really? I thought back. "Fine, but just because its you. I know mind control magic." She laughed sheepishly. Why am I just finding out about this now! I sighed, face palming. "Haha, your fault for not getting to know your demon. We should go on a date. I have a lot more information I can share with you." She laughed. I'm good thanks. I sighed again, turning a corner. "Suit yourself."

When we got to my father's cell, he asked for one of my keys. "Why would you need one of my keys?" I held them protectively. "That is calcified information." He beckoned for me to give them again. "He needs it to open the door, Genius." I can feel Shadow sticking her tongue out at me. I sighed, giving him one of my keys hesitantly and he opens the door with it. "You have five minutes, make it quick. If anything happens, kill him." The guard holds the door open. "No problem." I smirk, cracking my knuckle to get ready for interrogation. 

I walked in to see a glass box with inscriptions on it. "Wow, they really went all out on you." I tried touching the box, but it gave me an electric shock. "Lucy! Oh my beautiful daughter! How nice of you to visit me!" Jude smiled crazily, throwing himself at the glass, instantly getting electrocuted. "Watch it old man. You'll fry yourself." I tutted. "Why are you here?" He sneered, his act done with when he got hurt. "I want information on who knows of Shadow. Does anyone want her?" I sat in the chair, slouching and resting my arms on the arms of the chair. "As if I'm going to tell the demon that they're looking for." He scoffed, sitting on the floor. "So someone is looking for us. Who? And don't worry if its a long story. We have all the time in the world." I snapped my fingers, the air suddenly got a little thicker. "What're you doing?!" Jude rushed to the glass again, but this time, he didn't get electrocuted. "Froze time, no biggy. But you still can't break out, nothing can get moved." Shadow took over, leaving me to sit back and watch. Jude smirked. "How about we work out a deal? You free me, and I'll make sure you have the body to yourself." He smiled evilly, the aura he was giving off was almost sickly. 

Narrator's PoV

By now, Lucy had been knocked out by Shadow, she didn't need to know about the following information.

After Shadow had her head lowered for a bit, she smirked, scoffing. "I'd like to see you try." She looked up at him with a crazed eyed. "I'm one of Zeref's strongest demons and even Lucy beat me. She's gotten much more stronger than you could ever imagine." She started chuckling. "Now, if you don't mind telling me whose after END." Shadow crossed her arms and threw one leg over the other. "How do you know about that?!" He gasped again. "Still a demon genius." She tutted. "Zeref... He's planning to start a war. To finally be able to end his life. To take over the continent. To find his brother." Jude lists their plans. "His brother? But he's been dead for centuries. Zeref should know that." Shadow thought aloud. "So what do you think the rest of his options are?" Jude clued. Shadow's eyes widened. "He's really here..." She gasped. "That's why I haven't tried escaping. The end of the world is closer than we know it. There's no hope for us now." Jude slide down the glass. "Not if I can help it!" Shadow shot up. "What? A demon helping the human race. Never heard of that before." Jude chuckled. "Then its time to make history." Shadow muttered, snapping her fingers again as Jude got shocked. "Good luck old man! You're gonna need it when I'm done with the war!" Shadow called behind her, waving as she let Lucy back in.

Lucy's PoV

"Just keep walking all the way out." I heard Shadow say. We were almost out of the building. What did you do? I asked her worriedly, keeping a straight face. "Nothing, but the government will be here soon." Shadow told me. I knew this wasn't a good idea... I sighed, walking out the front door and instantly disappearing.

When I got back to the forest, I heard all my friends calling for me. "There you are! I thought you had ran off ahead!" Erza gasped in relief as she ran to hug me. "Sorry Erza. I thought I saw something and ran off." I laugh sheepishly, not liking the fact I was lying to my sister. Wendy and Gajeel were eyeing me suspiciously. "Lucy-san, why is your neck red?" Wendy pointed at a spot on my neck. I instantly cover it. "It looks a lot like a bruise." Gajeel smirks. God damn that fire dragon slayer. I thought furiously. "Natsu gave Lucy a hickey!" Shadow sang. "I hate you sometimes." I told her. "Hate who?" Carla asked. "No one, just thinking aloud." I laughed sheepishly. "Haha, don't get caught next time. Erza will kill him." Shadow snickered. I instantly grew red at her statement as I followed the others. Damn it Natsu. Where are you?