Chapter 10: Jellal?!

Erza's PoV

"J-Jellal!" I gasped looking at the handsome, young man that stood tags the top of the staircase. His memorable tattoo still laid against his soft looking skin. The heroic smirk that always played on his lips peeked out from the side of his face, as he was looking around room. His ocean blue hair brushes on his forehead. It was like seeing an angel after the biggest war in the world. Which what the previous battle felt like to her, but an emotional war, not of a physical one. "Hello, Erza." He looked directly at me. "How did you get here? How did you know I was here? I thought you were dead? After what happened with Wendy and Nirvana, what happened to you?!" I command to receive the information, feeling tears build up behind my eyes. I heard the sound of rain pattering on the window. "After I escaped from the council, I found some old friends from the tower. We created a group, specialising in taking out evil all over the continent. We've been quite successful." He explained walking closer. "How did you know of this place? Even the government didn't know this estate was thing!" I pull a dagger out for my own protection, I wasn't sure why, but I wasn't trusting him at the moment. "You can lower the weapon Erza. I'm not here for you." He raises his hand. "Then for who?" I lower the dagger, but an still in an attack position. "Lucy Heartfilia." He states. "What do you want with my sister?!" I shout, throwing the dagger at him, blinking back the angry tears. He caught it when it was beside his head. "You're getting rusty, Scarlet." He chuckled, as if this situation was nothing to worry about. "Do you think your sister escaped all those times, all those mouths, without assistance?" He threw the dagger in the floor, the loud cracking sound spooked me. "You he-helped her?" I stutter, my voice cracking. "Yes. I found out about her through the tower. Your father did some business with me. He donated, helped out. Stopped the council from finding out." He told me, but I knew he was having a hard time dealing with it, as he was clenching his fists. "He is not my father. He is not Lucy's father. He is no family of mine." He took another step closer to me, I backed up until until my back was flat against the wall, he took another step. "You were the one that saves me Erza. You were the one that saves everyone. I was paying you back for all those years I hurt you, but I feel it's still not enough." He placed a hand on the wall beside my head, the other on my check. "Jellal, I couldn't even save my own sister. How could you pay a devil like me back?" Tears were now streaming down my face, my bangs covering my eyes. "Erza. Look at me." He placed the other hand on my chin, I looked up at him. "Jellal..." I mumbled. "Scarlet..." I whispered back.

We were drawing closer together.

Closer.

Closer.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Our lips touched. The lightning from the storm brewing outside. I wasn't worrying about my little sister. I wasn't worrying about my guild. All I was thinking about was my first love and I at this very moment. The feeling of his touch on my skin. I was the happiest I had been in a while. I never wanted it end.

But he stopped us. "Erza. Wait." He pulled back, one hand on my hip and another on the wall. "What is it?" I asked, knowing and nervous what would happen next. My hands that were on his neck and shoulder were becoming shaky. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He removed his hands, and I too removed my own, placing them on my chest. "I-I have a fiancé." He looked to the side, disappointment in his eyes. "Oh-"

Before I could finish gasping, I heard footsteps running up the stairs. "ULTEAR! I FOUND JELLAL!" A female voice screamed down the stairs. Jellal turned, his bangs covering his eyes, my own hair the same. "Oh my! I'm so sorry! I'll leave you too alone." The girl with pink hair stepped back. "It's fine Meredy. I was just leaving." Jellal turned away from me. "Wait, Jel-" he cut me off by sharply pulling his hand away from the one that I tried to grab. "I'm sorry, Erza. Until next time." With that, he walked away.

Out of my life for the umpteenth time.