Chapter 13: Wrong Impressions

Lucy's POV

A week after we returned to the guild, everyone was still partying, except for a certain dragon slayer and requip mage. They would sit together, discussing important things. Well, I think they were important.

As I sat at the bar, strawberry milkshake in hand, I watched the two. "Hey Mira." I val, to her, after I know she isn't that busy. "Yeah Lucy, do you want a top up?" She skipped over. "No, but, did Natsu and Erza get... um... close? While I was gone." I blushed, poking my index fingers together. Mire looked at said mages and paused, them instantly burst out laughing. "E-Erza and Natsu? Hahahaa! That's a good one Lucy." She held her stomach, flicking a tear from her eye. "I'm serious! Those two won't even have a full conversation with me." I pout, crossing my arms, annoyed she would laugh so much at something I cared about. "S-Sorry Lucy. B-But." She couldn't help chuckling. "Lucy, don't worry about them. They're like brother and sister. They would never be like that together." Cana came over with barrel in hand. "Are you sure?" I sigh, looking at the two. "Why don't we go ask them?!" Cana cheered, running up to them. "Cana! Stop!" I blushed, running after her.

Natsu's PoV

A week went by after Luce returned and I've barely talked to her, I've been talking with Erza about what we heard. On our daily debrief, Cana and Lucy came over to us. "Hey! Are you two dating?" Cana blurted out, making everyone in the guild look over. "WHAT?!" Everyone screamed, even us. Mira was almost crying with laughter behind the bar and Lucy was blushing furiously. "Um, Luce, why is Cana asking that?" I stood up in front of her, a serious look on my face. "W-Well, you guys have been sp-spending so much time to-together. I-I wasn't sure." She blushed, looking anywhere but me.

Let's just say I was annoyed with myself. I hadn't spent anytime with Luce since she's been back and had given her the wrong impression.

Lucy's PoV

Suddenly, I felt someone grab my hand, then was pulled out of the guild, same for Natsu. As the person shoves us into an alleyway, Natsu falls on top of me. "Ow!" I complain, looking up to find Natsu's head buried in my chest. "Lucy kick!" I shout, kicking him off me. He flew into the wall. Ignoring him, I looked to see Erza covering her eyes with her bangs, breathing heavily. "Erza, are you okay?" I get up, scared by her behaviour. "Why did you two break up?" She mumbled. "Excuse me?" I asked again, making sure I had heard her. "Why did you and Jellal break up!?" She shouts, punching the wall, making a crack. "W-Well, I promised I would never tell anyone." I shook in fear. I hadn't felt like this since I was with my father. "Erza, stop. Look what you're doing to her." Natsu held me up by my shoulder so I wouldn't fall. She did what he said and looked surprised, like she just realised what see was doing. "Lucy, I'm so-." I cut her off by answering her question. "He liked someone else." I mumbled. "He said he had feelings for someone else and he couldn't lead me on like he was." I started raising my voice. "He had told me he loved me before. He was the first person I knew to really care for me! My heart was broken! I didn't understand why." I told her with a straight face. "I didn't blame him for ending things. Something like me can't be loved in that way. I've excepted that." I stood up straight and pulled myself out of Natsu's grasp. "Erza, he said he loved you." With those parting words, I left my baffled friends behind, going to the guild.