Chapter 29: Preparing For An Attack

Arriving in Magnolia, it was my turn to help Natsu walk. I pulled his arm over my shoulder. He was almost falling asleep, the poor thing. "Come on, Natsu. We're almost home." I whispered in his ear, trying not to seem suspicious. I wasn't sure if Zeref had anyone undercover here or someone following us. But, if my dad learnt anything from him, he definitely would. Natsu murmured something about being too tired as I pulled from through the streets.

We both collapsed just outside the guild, me out of breath and Natsu's travel sickness catching up on her. "Help!" Natsu called out, seeing the blood seeping from my wounds. Due to carrying him, my arm bent the wrong way. "Come on Luce, stay with me." Seeing my eyelids grow heavy, Natsu demanded that I stay awake. "Yo! Fairy Tail! Get out here!" Natsu shouted out again, worry evident in his voice. "Natsu!" I heard Mira gasp after the big, heavy doors of the guild clanked open. "Get Wendy! Get anyone! Just help me!" He screamed out as my consciousness faded further. "Oh my god. Erza! Master! Help!" I heard Mira shouted just before everything went blank.

Natsu's PoV

After seeing Luce's eyes completely close, I went into full panic mode. Mustering all the energy I had let, I picked her up and ran into the guild. "Natsu!" They all cheered, Mira panicking behind me. "Please! Help me! She got so hurt! They got her! Please, save her." Immediately making everyone anxious by my shouting, then looking down to my arms, finding the limp girl. "Wendy! Now's a great time to wake up!" Erza cried, shaking the unconscious girl. Mira pulled her off, as Wendy wouldn't wake up, and Porliusica walking up. "Fractured wrist. Concussion. Multiple lacerations. It's surprising she stayed awake for this long. Quickly, she doesn't have much time." She announced, having Natsu carry her into the medical room so she can get to treating her, then Mira tending to the rest of Natsu's wounds. "Lucy did a very good job with just a medical kit. Only someone with experience can do something like this." Mira commented, going silent quickly after. "Something happened when we were out there, Mira. Some sort of spell or charm was cast on the both of us." I muttered, drawing her and master's attention. "How so, child?" Master stepped forward and Mira finished up. "At first we were in cages. Zeref talked to Luce while I was still knocked out, so I don't know much of what he said to her, but she started screaming when he came up to me. After trying to attack him, we were separated. I didn't wake up again until Lucy found me in a dark room on some sort of subbasement. She was seriously beaten up, and I was in a magic circle. I was burning, and I couldn't control myself for a minute. Then, oh god. They ran after us. We almost didn't escape. She almost died! We were back in that place! The place she vowed never to go! I couldn't protect her! I promised I would, and I couldn't! And with the kid!.." I cut myself off, becoming too emotional. "Kid?" Mira gasped as master questioned, giving me some room. "The kid! Lucy's pregnant. Or she was, before Zeref got to her. He tried ripping Shadow out of her, but she wouldn't come out. Zeref needs us for something, but I don't know what." I slouched down in my chair. "Us? Natsu, what are you saying?" Master asked, standing up. "I'll go check on the others," Mira stated and ran out, getting out of our way as soon as possible.

"Natsu? What did he say to you? I know you, and you wouldn't be knocked out so easily." Master raised an eyebrow at me. I paused for a moment. "I think I heard something when we were still together. But I don't know if I'm right?" I sighed, him telling me to continue. "Zeref said I... I was his brother. Apparently, he cursed himself trying to resurrect me. Then he! HE!" I stood up again, going to punch something but Master stopped me. "He said he would take her for his own. The bastard! He wanted to take advantage of her body!" Anger boiled from inside me and I finally punched a hole in the wall, injuring my fist. Gramps sighed at me and got the medicine still sitting on his desk. "You need to cool it Natsu. You and Lucy are the only two who can helo us in this. You're the only two that know anything about the mage." Gramps told me. I felt disappointed in myself for going berserk. "Sorry, Gramps." I groaned. "Master! It's the others! They're awake!" Mira burst through the door, drawing our attention. "We'll talk more about this after everything's calmed down a bit," Gramps told me before running out. "I don't think anything will calm down again," I muttered before following him out and watching the guild prepare defences. The ones who were knocked out in the surprise attack were slowly waking up as Porliusica and Laki treated them. I couldn't completely take in what was happening. All I could care about was how Lucy was doing and making sure Erza didn't try to find and fight Zeref.