Chapter 14: At Least She's Happy

Lucy's POV

After storming away from the two people I probably cared for most in the world, I went to clear my head. I found myself at a water bank, a stone bridge not that far from where I was. I plopped myself on the grass and clutched my knees to my chin. Why aren't I... crying? I questioned myself. I prodded my cheeks to find them dry and smooth. I sighed, laying on my back and spreading my limbs out. I really can't feel anything anymore, can I?

Since Phantom Lord attacked and I was once again captured by my father, I haven't felt anything. Even when I was beat, I wouldn't shed a single tear. I would feel pain. I would feel relief when fairytail came to save me. But I haven't felt sad. I had run dry. I didn't have the emotional strength to cry anymore.

Still staring into the blue abyss of the 12 o'clock sky, I hear footsteps in the gravelled pathway behind me. As I was currently in my deep thoughts, I didn't realise them stop until a weight landed on my body. I looked down in pain to see a pink headed, cloaked female I know too well. "Jeez Meredy, way to scare the devil out of me." I gasp as she sits up beside me, turning around to beacon Jelly-chan and Ultear.  "Hey brat." Ultear smirked, looking down at me as Jellal nods. "We came to visit you after everything calmed down. But it seems everything hasn't been going too well." The perkiest girl I know pouts, pushing out her cheeks. "Yeah, I guess things can't continue like they did before." I shrugged, leaning my hands behind me as I look back up to the sky. "A lot has happened since you were last in this town, Lucy." Jellal informed me, as if I didn't already know. I sighed, knowing I couldn't just pretend nothin happened. "Well, the offer still stands if you get fed up. We could always use you on the team!" Meredy cheered, immediately getting a attack on the head by Ultear. "Thanks guys, I might actually take you up on that in some time." I giggle at the two girls arguing in a hushed tone, instantly stopping and looking me in the eyes with their widened ones after hearing what I said. "You what?!" The two gasped. "I might be fun you travel for a bit. I mean, the only place I've ever seen for my self is Magnolia." I sighed, crossing my legs and looking down at my hand, were my guild mark was placed.

Suddenly, I saw a second hand on my own. I looked up to see Jellal, a slight smile on his face. "Give time Lucy. You'll never know what the future could hold." He announced as if he was an old man telling stories about his youth. "Okay oldie mouldy, we better get out of here before someone recognises us." Ultear laughed as Meredy jumped up. Jellal gave me his hand for insistence with my own posture. "We'll be keeping an eye out for you Lulu! Call if you need an old friend to talk to!" Meredy quickly hugged me and started running away. "Keep in line, kid. I don't want to have to come back here to sort you out." Ultear slapped me hard on the shoulder. "Yes Miss Ultimate Milkshake!" I saluted, her grip instantly tightening as Jellal pulled her away before she did anything drastic. "Why do you always have to test her?" He sighed. "Wait! Jellal." I grabbed his hand as Meredy left with Ultear to console her anger.

He looked at me to tell me to say whatever I was going to say. I leaned into to his ear to whisper to him. "She knows." I said in my lowest voice before recoiling then hugging him. "Good luck Jelly-chan!" I waved as I ran off, leaving a very flustered, and a very confused, Jellal Fernandez behind.