Chapter 25: Where Are We?

Lucy's PoV

After passing out from the blast from Zeref, who I knew all about thanks to Shadow, I woke up in a cell. My clothes were now a long, black dress that was tight on my body, then flowed down my legs like rags. The caging around me had partially see through black goo in the gaps, I could tell it was a magic cancelling spell. I jumped and ran to the edge, wrapping my hands around the bars as I saw many guards around me. In another, similar cell not too far away, I saw Natsu, still passed out, also a change of black clothes. "Where is he? Let me talk to Zeref!" I spat to the men below our floating cages. They did not respond. "Illusion, huh?" I sighed, flopping down again. "Very smart, Miss Lucy. Or is my demon in control?" Zeref emerged from the darkness in the corner of the room, all the men disappearing as he waved his hand. "Lucy. I know what you want, I'm never going to help you." I spat, going to punch the goo but it bouncing right back. "I was afraid you would say that, so I have prepared a deal." My cage lowered as he spoke. I stayed quiet. "If you join my side, I'll let your baby free." I told me, making me utterly surprised. "What the hell are you talking about?" I raised an eyebrow at him, making him chuckle. "You slept with my brother, yes?" He questioned, making me blush. "Natsu is not your brother. You were just crazy enough to bring someone back to life. You were cursed because of it." I squinted my eyes at him, trying to forget that fact Natsu and I 'did it'. "You would never had met him if I didn't. I would be quite thankful if I were you." He smirked down at me, reaching through the goo and lifting my chin up. "I would never be thankful to you." I spat, his grip tightening. "I like you. I might have to keep you alive after I rip Shadow out of you." He smiled evilly, pulling me up. "And your body is perfectly healthy as well. No wonder my brother fell for you. Too bad I'm going to have to take you away from him." He threw me to the ground. I tried listening for Shadow, but all I heard was silence. "Looking for Shadow are we? I wouldn't try too hard. She's dug herself so far into your soul, you'll die trying to get her out. A shame really, a beautiful girl like you. And that beautiful baby. Not even test worth yet." Zeref sighed, smirking as he walking to Natsu's cage that was lowering. "N-No! G-Get away from him!" I screamed, running to the side closest to his cage. "Oh, and what will you do? Escape?" He laughed at that fact and began removing the black goo from Natsu's cage. "I-I'll help you! Just please! Don't hurt him!" I cried out, trying my best to put my hand out to Natsu. "Sorry my dear, but I won't settle for just one of my best demons. I need both to concur Fiore." He opened the cage door.

As Zeref approached Natsu's limp body, I saw him smirk. Just as Zeref went to reach for his neck, Natsu punched him in the face with a ball of fire. "Natsu!" I cried out, tears of relief flying down my face. "You insolent child! Don't you know what I've done for you?" Zeref screamed as Natsu jumped out the door, shutting it behind him. "Sorry Zeref. But anyone who wants to take over Fiore is going to have a tough time doing it." Natsu melted the door frame so no one could open it. "Natsu!" I gasped again as he ran to my cage. He tried burning it off, but it was taking longer than he expected. Guards burst in the room, spotting Natsu trying to break me out. "Natsu, run. Leave me here!" I told him, the starting to goo boil. "No, I can't leave you here. I-I love you!" He shouted back, tears building in his eyes. The guards tried grabbing his arms, but he punched them in the face.

Soon enough, the volume of enemy was too much for him and they disarmed him, putting magic cancelling hand cuffs on him. "Lucy!" He screamed they pulled him away. "No! Natsu!" I cried back, punching the barrier. "I-I'll find you Luce! I promise I'll get you out of here!" He shouted through the closing door. Guards opened my cell to try and calm me down, but I fought back. "I swear to God if you lay a finger on him! I kick your ass!" I screamed as they got Zeref out of the previous broke cage. "Please. You won't even be awake to watch me turn him." Zeref smirked as the guards grabbed my arms, pushing me to the ground. "You yourself might not even be alive to see us destroy your world." Zeref smiled evilly down at me as he bowed. I spat in his face. "How ungrateful." He wiped it from his face. "Good luck, little bitch." He smirked, putting a finger to the back of my neck. A sharp pain, almost like a needle piercing my skin, made me dizzy in that same area. "Sleep tight." Was the last, spiteful comment I heard before collapsing.

Narrator's PoV

Meanwhile, back at the Fairy Tail guild, the members of the search party were still being treated from the wound Invel had put them through. Shadow and teleported them to the guild so they wouldn't be captured as well. " What?" Master Makarov gasped at the message he had just received from a royal messenger. "The facility jailing Jude Heartfilia was broke into shortly after Lucy of Fairy Tail visited. The culprits killed him. Witnesses said they saw a man with dead eyes and black hair as dark magic surrounded the property. They also reported talking before a loud blast that killed Mr Heartfilia." The messenger repeated. "Right, there were no others hurt?" The master worried. "All those injured are being treated at this moment. We will have to wait until we hear anything." The messenger told the old man before being sent away. "First Natsu's house gets broken into. Then my children appear on the guild tables, passed out. And now this. What could be happening?" The master thought aloud.

Suddenly, his office door flew open. "Master, it's Erza! She's awoken!" Mira announced and they both rushed to the infirmary. Erza sat up in her bed, Porliusica treating the still unconscious mages. "Lucy! We need to find Lucy and Natsu! They're in trouble." Realisation soon hit her, making her jump out of bed and run for the door. "They weren't with you when you arrived. It isn't safe to leave the guild by yourself." Master commanded. "But master! There was an attacker! It took one hit. One hit for each of us to knock us out!" Erza began panicking. "Mira, get her something to eat and drink. Erza, while we wait for the others to wake up, tell me what you remember. Why did Lucy go to visit your father?" Master asked, taking her outside before Porliusica kicking us out. "When did Lucy go to him?" Erza looked taken aback as they sat on a bench. "You weren't aware?" Master asked, also surprised. "Erza, he's dead. Attackers went after she left and killed him." He broke the news, his child not at all surprised. "He was an awful man with many enemies and many deals that were broken when he was arrested. I expected this." She informed her master. "For now, just tell me what you remember." and that she did, until everyone woke up.