Chalter 33: It's All Over, The Battle Has Been Won

After discussing our plan with the guild, I turned back to Natsu. "Are you sure you're up to this?" He asked, putting a hand on each side of my waist. "I'm going to have to be, Natsu. For our baby. Now, come on. We need to get going." I pulled his warm, calming hands off me and watched the guild running in the opposite direction. "Are you sure it was a good idea to send them away? They could have helped." Natsu added as I teared up watching them leave. "They'll only get in the way. I don't want them to get hurt by us. And they're better off fighting the 12 instead of us if something goes wrong." I explain, sitting down and crossing my legs. I was going to start meditating until Zeref arrived to fight us. I know he will because he'll wonder where his demons are and track them through us. Natsu sat down beside me as I closed my eyes. "We won't let him take over us again, Luce. I promise you that." My boyfriend clutched my hand as energy started to surge through my body. "You should also promise you're not going to do anything stupid that could get you killed," I added with a chuckle.

"I don't know about that. You shouldn't make promises you can't keep." A voice said from above us and I reopened my eyes. It was Zeref, floating down from the sky. "Let's end this, Zeref!" Natsu jumped up with me.

It didn't take long to provoke the dark wizard into fighting. It was a long, hard battle with many ups and downs, at one point, near the end, I even thought we were going to lose. "Luce, together!" Natsu shouted from one end of our battleground, reaching out his hand. Zeref was kneeling in the centre, coughing up blood we had best out of him. "We won't let you cause any more harm, Zeref!" I yelled out, running at the same speed towards my lover and grabbing his hand. "UNISON BLAST! BURNING EVIL!" We announced together, knowing the spell from a previous lifetime, and shot the final blast.

Zeref was instantly vapourised, the battle was won. With relief washing over me, I collapsed to my knees, easing back into my human form. Natsu held up my shoulders, laughing weakly. "We did it." I sighed, leaning against him as my eyelids grew heavy. "We did it." He repeated as we both fell into a deep sleep caused by the exhaustion of our fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that's when we gained control again. It was an emotional rollercoaster." Lucy explained happily from her hospital bed as he bruised guild members surrounded her and her partner's bed. She had woken up there, finding she was clutching tightly to Natsu's hand in the space between their cots. "Wow, Lu-chan, your really are the strong mage I've met!" Levy laughed, sitting at the end of her best friend's bed. Lucy blushed slightly. "Alright, everyone! Time to let her have some rest!" Master announced after Porylusica started grumbling to herself.

Natsu still hadn't awoken. From what Erza had told Lucy through teary eyes, they had been comatose for a week! Nervously looking over to her boyfriend, Lucy squeezed his hand. When he didn't return the gesture, she forced her weak body out of her warm bed and stumbled into his, snuggling up in the one manned cot. Sleeping alone would be so cold now if he wasn't by her side. Luckily, the witch healer wasn't there to tell her off. She didn't feel her morning sickness by his side, her warm body after well enough as a hot bottle.

"Natsu, you can't leave us. You can't leave our baby fatherless." She begged, whispering into his ear. No response. "Natsu, please, wake up. I can't do this without you." She teared up, wondering if she had sacrificed too much to save the world.

As she curled up next the firey warm, she was shocked but the gravely groan that emitted from it. She jerked her head up, eyes wide as she watched the previously motionless man try and swallow, even though his mouth might as well as have sand lining it. "N-Natsu!" She shrieked as his eye creaked open. "Luce." He moaned, wrapping his arm lazily around her as she grabbed his face with both hands. Through her excitement, she almost fell out of the bed, so Natsu forced her onto his lap. "Natsu, you're alive!" Ignoring the position for her relief, Lucy let hot tears run down her face as the dragon slayer reached his weak hand up to her face and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. "We're alive." He grinned as she leaned down to give him the deepest kiss she could muster.

The scene was beautifully romantic until the healer returned to force Lucy back into her own bed. Before the guild could try and force themselves in to see the awakened sleeping 'beauty', Team Natsu was in, surrounding the bed with hearty cheers. By now, the witch had given up on silence and let the team stay together for a long as the two were up for company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Years later, many small additions had been added to the Fairy Tail guild. As it turns out, Lucy was pregnant with twins, and, on the eve of their daughters' third birthday, the dream couple got married in the guild hall surrounded by all their friends. Juvia and Gray didn't mess around with hiding their new evolvements in their relationship, getting married two years before NaLu. Jellal always on the run, it took a while for Erza to register her feelings. They've only just started dating officially. Now, Levy is pregnant with Gajeel and herbs first child and Lucy is now announcing her and Natsu's second round after three months of being newlyweds.

"The guild couldn't be louder, could it?" Lucy shouted over the joyful jeers being thrown around the Fairy Tail daycare. Gray and Juvia's two years old, Storm, was fighting with Natsu and Lucy's eldest twin, Shadow, and their fathers weren't exactly helping the situation. "The daycare was your idea, Lu-chan." Levy, always the voice of reason, reminded her best friend Lucy tsked. "Because I wanted to go to the doctor without the girls knowing. They really want a brother, I just want to make sure they aren't disappointed when I tell them." Lucy pouted, watching her husband and his nemesis headbutting like their children. "Natsu, if we don't leave now, well be late!" She called over, hoping this constant display of violent affection wouldn't influence their children too strongly.

Instantly, the alter jumped to her side, putting his arm over his pregnant wife's shoulder. "Mommy! Take us with you!" Shadow, a dark pink haired girl with brown eyes, ran over with her identical sister, although opposite personality, besides her. They both had the powers of their demons, but that didn't change how much Fairy Tail moved them. "Don't worry, sweetie, well be back before you know it." Crouching down, Lucy couldn't be happier as she booped her kids on the nose. Never in her childhood's wildest dreams did she imagine having a family that loved her, let alone being about to love herself for birthing them. "Star, make sure Shadow and Storm don't fight, alright?" Natsu crouched down beside his family, ruffling his youngest daughter's hair. She nodded with a small smile and dragged her sister to play in Fairy Tail's back garden.

"Ready to go?" Natsu grabbed Lucy's hand, causing her to look up at him with loving eyes. "Always." Her smile grew as they walked into this new chapter of her life with the addition of two baby boys, Lucas and Ezra.