Sorting Is Key

A few hours later, after eating some food, Milo called us (being Petra and I) round to a table in a side room. Again, with a secret door.
Milo cleared his throat and pointed to a piece of paper on the table, detailed clearly. "This is a map of Sky City. Well not a map per sè, more of a route. For the underground systems"
"Nice" Petra nodded "So I'm guessing we're not just gonna scale a wall then?"
He shook his head "That would be too risky. No, there is a passageway that leads up to where you need to be"
"Where is that?" I asked. He pointed to a space that was circled in red marker. "Here"
"Alright. But it intersects with another passageway. Won't guards be there too?"
"Maybe. That is why I am going to distract them from this passage here" He pointed to another spot. A perfect diversion. Petra raised her eyebrow at him, leaning her hand on the table "Looks like you get the easy part then while we're risking our necks"
"Well not neccessarily easy. I mean it is your friends you want to save" Milo put across.
That was true.
She shrugged "I guess. I mean I wouldn't mind seeing Ivor in jail"
I rolled my eyes. Ivor may have started the Witherstorm that killed.. people... but if Soren didn't bail on us then Reuben would've survived. It was his fault. At least Ivor tried to stop it and tried to redeem himself. Where was Soren's apology?
She noticed my eye roll and sighed "Okay. Right. So I guess this is the plan?"
"Yep" Milo responded
"That seems okay. But what about actually getting there? Will your friends help?" I asked.
"They are under my command"
"Hm. Sounds like a dictatorship here" Petra accused. Milo didn't seem like the kind of person to order people around without their consent.
Milo frowned and I looked at her, also frowning.
"What?" She shrugged "It does?"
"Not really Petra"
"What would you call it then Jesse?"
"Helping us get payback on Aiden and the scumbags. The only thing that matters"
Milo awkwardly shifted and cleared his throat "I'll leave you alone for a moment". He walked out leaving us alone. Keeping our eyes on eachother, Petra folded her arms.
"Okay Jesse, we can't do this"
"Do what?"
"This" She pointed at both of us. "This awkward tension we have. The constant disagreeing. I can't bare it"
It was good to hear her actually be honest about us. But I still felt angry.
"All I said was the only thing that mattered was getting revenge on them"
She shook her head "No. That's not just what you meant. You're trying to hide how you feel"
My skin heated up. If I hated one thing, it was being confronted like this.
"What?" I asked annoyed, but as casually as I could.
"You were saying that getting revenge is the only thing that matters. But what about saving Lukas and Ivor?" She spoke more softer "What about solving our friendship?"
Emotions ran through my head. For once, I was really and utterly dumbstruck.
"I..We.. We don't have time for that"
"Really? Because why don't we do that now, while we do have time?" She asked as she stood across from me. I looked to my feet, unable to keep eye contact with her.
"Please Jesse?" She groaned
I looked up. "No."
"Why not?" She sounded annoyed.
I reflected her emotion "Because you hurt me Petra! You really did hurt me okay? All I did was kiss you and you treated me as if I was a piece of crap, like I disgusted you or something"
I was getting tearful. No, not again Jesse. Last time you got like this you kissed her. But I couldn't help it.
It was like her mind was finally opening up to what I was saying. What I tried to say before. She tried to cut in "Jesse.."
"No. No just hear me out. I am sorry okay, for doing that unexpectedly. I really am. But try to think how I feel. To have someone who you really care about just turn on you, leave and then come back like nothing happened. And I know you're not about all that emotional bull crap but I am alright? It hurt me so much. It still does"
......
Silence. I'd made her speechless. I wiped away a tear from my eye as she looked at me sadly. Finally, she spoke "Jesse... I.. I didn't realise you felt that way"
I sniffed and nodded a bit. I couldn't look at her, I felt too embarrassed.
She continued "I.. I shouldn't have acted the way I did but I just.. I can't feel that way. About anybody"
Wait what?
"What?"
She gulped "Jesse, can you remember that year when we didn't see eachother at all? About 4 years ago?"
I remember. I missed her like crazy. I nodded.
"Well I'd gone away because I'd heard rumours about like a safe haven. From mobs, from deaths, from everything. I travelled so far to find it.. And on the way there, I met a guy"

So that was settled, she definietly was straight.

"And that guy turned out to be a friend of my father"

Oh. Scrap that thought then.

"They agreed to take me on to train with them. To find a way to this safe haven, you had to deal with impossible situations. Which meant cutting out luxuries in life. Falling for people was one of them. I was trained so hard to the point where I wanted to give up. The ironic thing is, they gave up on me. And ever since then I lost trust in people. Til I met you guys again and realised I could have friends"

This made sense I suppose. I looked at her and she sighed "So that's why I can't.. I can't get feelings. At least not now anyway.. But for now, I just need my friend back." She smiled "My super close friend"
I couldn't help but crack a small smile. All of this could've been avoided. But I felt 50 times better now I knew why she pushed me away. "I understand Petra. I'm sorry you went through that"
"And I'm sorry I hurt you. Friends again?"
"Yeah. Friends"
We smiled and hugged it out.

(Quite a long chapter but yay friends again!! It would also mean a lot to me if you would check out my YT videos too that are based on Jetra/MCSM. My acc is perfect petra . Thankyou!)