Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Samantha's POV

After the encounter with queen bitch Stacy, I felt like I've lost something to her. I can't help but feel hurt about the fact that Manda did not come to my defence when Stacy insulted me.

She just stood behind Stacy and watch while Stacy threw insults at me. It's nothing new but it still hurts. A lot. I kept quiet like always, as I do not want to create a commotion or to bring any attention to myself. Having Stacy's whole clique looking at me is bad enough. I simply cannot imagine what it would be like to have all the people along the corridors looking at you and judging you. I think I would loose it when that happens.

Today was just the same. Even though Al and Sher tried to reassure me that maybe Manda just didn't have time to argue back for me, or she didn't have the chance to, that is just bullshit! Stacy insulted me for ten friggin minutes and they tell me that my own twin sister did not back me up was because there was a lack of time?

I know that Manda is embarrassed of me. Being her twin and all, it's really easy for people to tell that we are related, and I can't help but think that maybe Manda wish that I am not her twin.

I am really weak and pathetic. I can't even stand up for myself for god sake! No wonder my own sister did not wish to be seen with me in public. I can't imagine what mom think of me.

Probably even worse...

" So what do you think miss Thorpe? Any suggestions?" A voice snapped me out of my daydream. I tend to do that a lot lately.

"Erm..." I stammered uncomfortably, having no idea what Miss Evers, my English teacher, was talking about.

Seeing my state, Al whispered to me from the back,"Say something about the upcoming project!"

I stood up slowly and said, "Erm... I think that the project will be really beneficial to all of us, especially to those who are poor in English. But I think that it will be better if we do it in pairs instead of doing it alone, in that way we could learn from our partners too." with that, I sat back down in my seat.

I could see the surprised look on her face. She must be really shocked to hear my suggestions, since fully knowing that I was not paying attention to what she was talking about at all a minute ago.

She covered up her shock and said calmly " Very good suggestion Miss Thorpe." She paused, before adding "But it will be even better if you pay more attention in class in the future."

"Yes Miss Evers." I replied.

I had never liked her, she is constantly picking on people who are weak in the subject she teaches. And guess what?One of them is me. That's right, I suck in English, probably more in Literature. That means she picks on me even more than others. Yay! Lucky me! Note the sarcasm.

When the bell rang, signaling the end of the lesson, I was more than ready to get out of the classroom.

Al caught up with me at the door and asked, "What were you thinking about again? You seemed to be really focused when Miss Evers called on you just now." She looked at me in concern. "Want to talk about it?"

As much as I want to share all my troubles with Al cause she is a great listener and also gives out the best advice, instead I just shrug and replied nonchalantly "No". Maybe she heard it in my tone that I do not want to talk about what I was thinking just now, that's why she dropped the subject. Probably sensing that I was not in the mood to have a heart to heart talk with her.

We walked in silence to my locker, where Sher was waiting for us. We seemed to do that a lot lately. Us walking down the corridors quietly, not saying a single thing to each other. I think that mostly it's my fault, cause I refuse to talk and is always in a foul mood whenever they brought up the topic about my family.