Chapter Eleven

NOT EDITED

Chapter Eleven

The weekends passed in a blur and Monday is around the corner. Not much happened during the weekends after the meeting with Josh and the kitchen encounter with Manda, other than that, my weekend is as boring as always.

I woke up with a pounding headache this morning as I had stayed up last night reading Wattpad books. They are just so addictive. I simply love to read. All those books made me forget about my problems, instead, I was totally focused on the character's problems.

I was trying to read finish this new book I found as it was too hard to put it down. It was soooo amazing! My heart was breaking for the main characters as I read till the climax. It was always like this, me crying and fawning over a book. A good book always makes me feel better no matter what.

It was worth it because I felt so much better even though my head is pounding. I took my time with my shower and went down for breakfast half an hour later. What caught me off guard was that Manda was sitting at the friggin kitchen table eating breakfast. I stood at the kitchen door gaping for a minute at the fact that she is still at home in a Monday morning. Usually I would just be receiving a note from her saying that she is leaving with Stacy.

"I know that I'm pretty and all, but you don't need to stare, it's not polite." Came her cool voice, which brought me out of my daze. I shook my head and almost had an heart attack when she said that. Wow! Did she just say something sarcastic to me? Or is my headache affecting my hearing now?

I sat down warily opposite her as I took the box of cereal in front of me and poured it into the bowl which I left it on the table last night. I chewed slowly as I watched Amanda's every move. "Seriously! Could you stop staring at me like I've grown a second head?" She said impatiently after another minute of staring at her eating. What? I can't help it! It's not everyday you get to see your sister eating breakfast at home after so many years of eating alone at home.

"Have you?" I asked her.

"Have I what?" She frowned in puzzlement, not understanding what I just asked her.

"Grown a second head." I added.

For a second, I almost thought that she was going smile, with her mouth quirking up a little at my comment. But to my disappointment, she frowned instead.

"What? No of course!" She said in bewilderment. "Why would you think that?"

"Erm... You're sitting here?" I said in a duh tone.

"What's wrong with sitting here eating my breakfast? This is my house too ok?" She rolled her eyes.

"Yea but you don't usually eat here in the morning." I said flatly. "You're always gone before I can come down for breakfast and all your explanation was that you're catching a ride with Stacy." I spit out her name with so much venom that I surprised myself.

She looked taken aback at my comment and said no further, much to my disappointment. We ate our breakfast in silence and there is much more tension in the room than just now and I have no idea how to break it. I hate it when we are like this. We rarely have disagreements last time but now, we can't even seem to be in the same room as the other. It's so frustrating how a perfect sister relationship can be ruined by one person. And I hate that person with so much force.

We went our separate ways after breakfast, sadly to say, she took the car before I could call dibs on it. Which left me no choice but to call Al to come pick me up. Again.

I waited at my porch for about 10 min before a honk brought me out of my daydream. I rushed to meet Al and Sher, who is sitting at the passenger seat, which left me no choice but to sit at the back.