Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Sam's POV

The next morning, I woke up with a smile on my face as I remembered what happened last night. Daniel had asked me out! Eeeeeee! I broke out into a grin as I recalled the fact that he had kissed me on the cheek! I quickly got out of bed and ate my breakfast while waiting for Al to pick me up.

A few minutes later, Al arrived with Sher in the passenger seat which left me no choice but to sit in the back. I was still grinning then and both of them raised their eyebrows at me, probably wondering what's wrong with me. I can't help it! Daniel freaking asked me out! At the thought of that brought another full blown out grin on my face. This time round, the questions went flying towards my direction.

"What are you smiling at?!" , "What's gotten into you?" Al and Sher asked at the same time.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about. Aren't I always like this?" I decided to play dumb and gave a shrug, hoping that I could fool them. But who am I kidding?

Both of them gave me a look and said, "Seriously?!"

"Spill! I want all the details and not a thing are to be left out Missy!" Sher shouted at the top of her lungs while Al just nodded in agreement.

I sighed, knowing that there's no way to escape.

"Fine. But promise not to say anything until I'm finished kay?" I said defeatedly.

"Yea yea! We got it! Just get to the point already!" Al said impatiently.

"Daniel asked me out!" I literally screamed.

Both of their eyes widened before they started screaming their heads off.

"Are you kidding me?!" Sher screamed. I shook my head while grinning at her. "OMG! That's wonderful!!!"

"When's the date?" Al asked more calmly, although she can't hide the fact that she's happy for me too. "It's about time you went on a date! I was beginning to worry that you're not straight!" She added. (No offense to lesbians or gays. This was meant to be a joke.)

I gave her a look that said "what?" and playfully glared at her.

She gave me a innocent look. "What? It's true! You can't blame me for thinking like that. You rarely spare a glance at a guy! I was shocked ok?" She defended.

"Fine fine fine." I sighed.

"Ok! Enough bickering you two! I want all the details Sam!" Sher shouted impatiently.

"Yea. You haven't tell us any details other than the fact that he asked you out." Al added.

I told them about Daniel coming to find me after school and we walked home together. And about the kiss he gave me before he left and my doubts and worries. They listened patiently as we reached the school. After I had finished, both of them were silent for a while before Al spoke up.

"That was soooo sweet! You shouldn't worry so much though. You should take this chance, if you really like Daniel then you should give the both of you a chance."

"Yea, Al's right. I'm so happy for you Sam. We were getting worried about you because lately you've been very distant and the only thing that kept you at the present was Daniel. When he first came here, it's like you came back to life! It's amazing! Seeing the way your eyes shone when you see him and when he sat with Stacy, you were so down. We want you to be happy so you should take this chance." Sher said.

"Wow. That was the most sensible speech I've ever heard you said. To say I was impressed was an understatement." I joked.

Sher playfully punched me on the shoulder and said, "Hey! I can be sensible and mature too ok! Al's not the only one."