Chapter 9

I gasped and pulled Caleb into my arms. we stayed that way for about 5 mins, me wrapped in his arms, remembering his familiar scent. He smelled of peppermint, but he also had a hint of an unfamiliar scent that resonated in my brain. It was a weird smell, like pine needles in a forest.

"Umm Caleb?"

"Yeah?"

"You said you were going to give me something."

"Oh, yeah, Ellie told me to give this to you, it would be much safer with you."

He handed me a cage, in the cage was Ellie's coveted pet Rosie. My phone started ringing. I decided to go home.

"I gotta go, bye Caleb."

"Wait!"

He came up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Remember, I still and always will love you. bye"

He kissed my forehead. than I walked home, alone, in the darkness.

When I got home I saw Wesley waiting at the door.

"Hey babe, where have you been?"

"Oh, ummm, I just went, umm, uh, to the movies with my cousin, uhh, Sherrie."

"Luna, c'mon, tell me the truth."

"Okay" I say sighing, " I went to meet Ellie's kidnapper, but they didn't show."

"Oh ok, just came to check on you, love you, bye."

Then he kissed me on the lips. it was a sweet passionate kiss, not too slow or too fast. it was perfect.

Now that I look back at it, when Caleb. Broke up with me, his words sounded slurred and after we broke up, I still had huge feelings for him, and they may be returning.