Sick - Joe

A/N: There will be throwing up/being sick in this so if you don't like that kind of stuff you probably shouldn't read this. I tried to not make it too graphic, so don't worry :)

I lock the bathroom door behind me and lean over the toilet as I throw up. I've been really sick since this morning, but I didn't want to miss work since we've had tons of work to do. I would hate to have anyone else do my work for me. They already have enough to do on their own. I puke again and sit on the floor next to the toilet. I thought I wouldn't throw up, but I feel really nauseous at my desk so I had to come to the bathroom. I just hope no one heard me puking.

"Hey, (Y/N), are you okay?" Joe asks as he lightly knocks on the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I reply as I wipe my mouth and flush the toilet.

I was my hands before leaving and pop a piece of minty gum in my mouth so my breath doesn't smell like death. When I open the door Joe's still there with a worried look on his face.

"I'm fine, I swear." I say with a forced smile on my face.

"You're not fine, you just threw up."

"Okay, I'm not fine. I'm actually really sick. But please don't tell anyone, I don't want to go home." I beg.

"Why not?" He asks.

"I need to do my work, I don't want to have anyone else do it for me. We're all too busy for that." I reply.

"Your health should come before your work. Even if we're super behind and really busy, you should stay home." He smiles. 

"I didn't know if you would get mad if I told you to edit my videos." I sigh.

"I would never get mad at you, and no one else would." He says.

"Okay, thank you. Are you sure you're fine with editing a few more videos?" I ask.

"Of course I am. Now's let drive you home." He replies.

"Okay. Thank you, Joe."

"No problem, (Y/N)."