Smash or Pass pt. 2 - James

I check the address on my phone one more time, checking this actually is his house as I pull into the drive way. Hopefully, this date will go as well as the last one did. We both had a great time, and we've been talking since we left the parking lot. James told me I could dress up tonight, but I didn't have to. He said I would look beautiful either way. Still wanting to impress him a bit, I chose to wear another dress.

I walk up to the front door and knock. A few moments later, it opens and I see James smiling.

"Hey, so glad you came tonight." He says, greeting me with a hug.

"Me too, thanks for inviting me." I reply, hugging him back.

"Alright, you can come inside if you want." 

As I enter his home, I'm instantly greeted by Ein, his corgi. She excitedly jumps up on me and I kneel down to pet and play with her.

"Ein, off," he commands sternly, "I'm sorry about her. She gets excited when new people come over."

Ein sits down and I pat her head once more before standing up.

"It's ok, I love dogs. I've always wanted one of my own." I reply as James leads me to the table.

He sits down across from me and picks up a bottle of wine next to him.

"Would you like some?" He asks.

"Yes, please." I respond as he carefully pours some into both of our glasses.

We talk and laugh while drinking our wine until James grabs dinner for both of us. I would have never guessed he was such a good cook. While we're eating dinner, we carry on the conversation until we have both finished eating. Then James suggests that we watch a movie. He picks some rom-com available on Netflix and we sit down on the couch to watch it. 

A few minutes into the movie, I feel James' arm wrap around my shoulders, so I move closer to him and snuggle into his chest. The movie continues with us laughing together and cuddling the whole time, even while the credits scroll across the screen.

"James?"

"Yeah?"

"I really like you."

"I feel the same way about you, (Y/N)."

I smile and look at James who's also smiling. We lean closer together and our lips meet halfway. He places a hand on my cheek and we soon pull away.

"You're amazing, (Y/N). I'm so glad we met." He coos.

"Me too, James."

We stay on the couch, watching TV for a while until we both start to feel tired, and we both drift off to sleep, still in each other's arms.