The end to what I began

A/N - I left you at a really small cliffhanger last chapter, so this is what happens after😅
Enjoy!

Ruby's POV

     Words could not describe my embarrassment. This stranger just saw me almost kiss his sibling. I mean, their resemblance is uncanny!
      But the more I look at them both, the more I notice the small differences. This stranger has broader shoulders than Liam and might be slightly shorter though he seems older.
I'm comparing appearances whereas I should be explaining myself!

"Well please, introduce me"
His voice is lower and carries a more southern accent. For Liam, his voice only has a smaller hint of the drawl, but it doesn't make it any less enjoyable to hear.
Liam, red covering his face and ears, says, "Um, Ruby, this is Cole, my... Um... Older brother". His eyes never reach our faces and I'm forced to face Cole alone.
"Hi" I say weakly.
He smiles, looking an awful lot like Liam, and says "hey darlin', never seen you around. When did Liam meet such a pretty thing."
Now it's my turn to stare at the ground. Seriously, how do you respond to that?!
"She just moved here and we were just working on a project" Liam says with more venom than I expected.
Call me a coward, but I wasn't sure where this conversation was going, and the best idea I had was to flee the scene.
"Thanks... Really, for everything. I just really have to go" I said to Liam and gathered all my stuff.
"But we didn't finish everything."
"That's ok, I'll finish it up at my place", and with that, I ran out the door.

Liam's POV

I knew I was in for it once Ruby was out of earshot. I was gonna get the "Big Brother Talk" about not doing anything inappropriate while working, and how Ruby was out of my league, and all the other stuff you see on TV.
I sighed, "ok, I'm ready. Lecture away."
Cole stared at me long and hard.
I was scared that if he continued, his eyes would explode out of his head.
"Next time, make out with a girl at her place, so that I don't have to watch."
Then, he left.
He left??!!
I am done trying to read other people's minds.

A/N - Panda out