3. //Surprise! //

From "Little Red Cap" by Carol Ann Duffy:

"Words, words were truly alive on the tongue, in the head
Warm, beating, frantic, winged; music and blood
But then I was young."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I looked at the screen and saw my other half, my other best friend calling me- Tiana Davies. I put the line on speaker, so that Sarah could also speak to that monkey.

She had come over an hour earlier and we hadn't even touched our book. We were just lazing around, watching TV, Not expecting what we were about to hear.

''You're alive! Why haven't you been calling me? Just wait till you get here..you.. ''
''Shut up. I hope you have a car cause I need you to pick me up from the airport in an hour''

''Which airport? Bangkok?
Hongkong?'' Sarah asks .

''No dumbheads I'm in Florida'', she said.

We looked at each other. ''Is she high?'' I asked. ''Are you on drugs T?'"

"'GOD! Are you guys coming or not?''
It took a minute for into sink in.. but when it finally did, a smile as big as the Nile appeared in my face, and my insides warmed up, and I grinned at Sarah.
-------------------------------------------------------------

The airport was a good half an hour drive away and Sarah insisted in driving my car, so I settled down with my earphones plugged into my phone.
I sat back and let the music blend with my senses, carrying me away , deeper into my thoughts.

I started thinking about Tiana. We've known her since we were in diapers, literally.
The clearest memory I have of her is when all the of us were together back when we were about nine. She was giving me a piggyback ride, and Sarah was kissing my cheek. That was when we had gone swimming.

We were inseparable. We saw each other everyday, and the time I spent with them, isn't even equal to half the time I spent with Alex.

Her dad had been transferred over there. We were sad, obviously, but we were more... Incomplete. It's like all the times we had spent together, well..they turned into mere memories. The say she left was the last day we saw her. She couldn't visit us because her parents were too busy and she did not want to miss school.

But now, things will change. She'll be a part of our lives again and it's gonna be amazing.

I turned around to see Sarah glaring at me, one of my earphones in her hand. '' I've been calling your name for the last ten minutes. Earth to you! Whacko! ''

''Sorry! Jeez! Calm down crazy woman. '' I said. I turned to the window and realized that we were at the airport.

''Sarah, come on! You're gonna get us late! Dude!,'' I said and got out before she could hit me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

We entered the airport, searching for T, but we couldn't see her anywhere. Then suddenly, a body jumped on my back saying, ''Piggyback, Piggyback! '' and then I knew it was her.

I turned around to look at her, and what lay in front of me was not the brunette that left three years back, but a gorgeous girl with big emerald green eyes and long blue dip-dyed hair that reached her waist. She was wearing Jean shorts and a yellow top that said 'Pineapple' on it.

''You look sexyyy T'', I said hugging her. Sarah gave her a kiss on the cheek and we left the airport.
We sat in the car again, this time I was driving. I wanted Sarah and Tiana to catch up because Tiana will be staying at my place anyway. Also, it's amazing to see Sarah and T fight.

As Tiana started talking, we could plainly make out the slight tinge of an Australian accent. As I looked at both of my friends , fighting and hitting each other playfully, I couldn't help but wonder about how these two idiots came into my life.

They are exactly alike, yet so different.

Sarah has long, straight brown hair, grey eyes, a curvy figure and she loves music. Tiana is skinny, blue eyes and amazing hair. Sarah is extremely funny, and exited, and very sarcastic when she wants to be. Tiana is more calm and composed, with an eccentric side to her, and can be adorable at times.
These are pretty much the people who drive me insane!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight was going to be awesome!
We were just catching up on each other's lives, when Tiana told us that she would be joining our school the next week.

I told Tiana about Alex and she was all "' If he hurts you Gab, I swear I will hunt him down and bury him where his dear mama can't find him."

This was exactly what Sarah told me when I started dating him.
I don't know why they are so skeptical. Alex would never do anything to hurt me.

She then started talking about finding a place to live , and that's when I started yelling at the top of my lungs, causing Sarah to drop her phone and Tiana to fall off the bed .

''Where do you think you are going?You just arrived and you're already talking about going away! If I hear you talking about finding a place again, you had it!''
Both my friends were looking at me with their eyes wide.

''Gab, did you eat a volcano for lunch?'' Sarah asked, checking to see if her phone was alright. Tiana just sat there blinking at me. I gave her a look ,questioning her with my eyes, daring her to say what she said again. She just shook her head and stuck her tongue out at me .

Both of them fell asleep while watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
So...yeah, to sum it all up, today was pretty amazing.

I lay in bed thinking about Tiana, I know she was not telling us something. There was definitely something that she was hiding. I knew her too well.
There's something wrong...

-------------------------------------------------------------
AN
Heyy!

OK, so I don't have anything to say...
So

Toodles!
D.