Extra Chapter- Part 2

We did end up leaving for prom, but before we got into the car, Noah's phone rang.
He let go of my hand to answer it, and I waited for him against the car door.

I smiled as I stood there, because I finally know that things were okay, we were okay. This had been a rough year for all of us, but we survived. We did well​, excellent in fact.

Noah came back with a frown in his face, a clear sign that things were not right. He quietly opened the car door for me, and sat down himself. He looked like a thunder cloud had just broken the silence of the peaceful night sky.

"Everything okay?" I asked him once we were comfortable. I entwined our fingers together, and looked directly at him.

He just started ahead for a while, and then, seemingly decided something with himself.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Nothing happened. Nothing to worry about" he said.

But his face gave him away.

"Come on, now I'm sure something's wrong. You can talk to me, you know."

"I know Gab, but I'm serious. There's nothing wrong. Trust me."

I sighed, but let it drop. I knew that if there was anything wrong, he would tell me himself. There was no point squeezing it out of him.

The drive was silent, but the air was heavy. I could tell that something was bothering him, but there was no way for me to know. I just wanted to wipe that frown off his pretty face, and make him smile again.

**

The hall welcomed us with a cool, silvery aura. The theme, A Winter Wonderland, was expressed artfully, and the efforts of the committee were bursting through every corner.

The walls were painted white with splashes of glitter glistening like a shiny lake whenever light hit them.
The cieling was also silvery, and small icicles hung from them, giving the whole place a very realistic feel. The stage at one side was covered with light blue fabric, and a band played a slow, romantic song, surprisingly one that I recognized.

I grabbed Noah's hand and led him to the dance floor. He looked at me, his eyes almost silver themselves under the huge silver ball that hung directly above us.

"Let's dance", he whispered grabbing my waist and pulling me closer. His bad mood seemed to have evaporated, leaving behind a clear face with sparkling eyes.
My hand automatically went up to his shoulder and a smile wove it's way through my face.

We swayed together, one with the lyrics of  'This Town' and this, right here, was a moment I knew we both would look back to. This was what made me happy. Not the grand prom, or the amazing dress, and not even the fact that he looked​ breathtakingly handsome, and could compete with Niall Horan, but the fact that I had the pleasure of having this dance, this one song with him.

The song ended, and we pulled away form each other with bright smiles on our faces. He still had one arm around my waist, and I liked it that way.

**

Unfortunately, we were graced with the presence of a very unwelcoming guest, who bounced into the hall in a cloud of red lace and satin, stealing everyone's attention on entrance.

Valerie.

She looked me up and down, smirked and made a face at me. I just blew her a kiss. Nothing could spoil the amazing mood I was in. Not even her.

Just today though.

**

They were then announcing the Royalties, and frankly, it wasn't as big a deal as people made it out to be. Sure, it's a title you could hold over everyone in school, but what after? Exactly.