Your Not Sorry - Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Thirteen roses. What are the odds?

Taylor begged me to play the other four songs. But I told him he would just have to wait. I told him one was an unfinished song, and that's how I used to feel, breathe.

The next morning Taylor slept in and I left him a sticky note stuck to his chest before I left.

Tay,

I'm going to talk to Joe.

Don't worry!

Call me when you wake.

 Swiftie

I kissed him softly. Take note: heavy sleeper!

“Hey Joe.” I said softly. As soon as I saw him my chest felt about five hundred pounds.

“TayBear!” he smiled at me.

“Huh, I swore I just heard you say...”

“TayBear!” he reassured me.

“What's going on?”

He lifted up his phone and the stack of pictures Julianne gave him, seems some had been added. “I remember.”

                I shook my head in disbelief, “Are you... serious?” I walked over to his bed and dropped my purse.

                “Yes, everything!”

                “Everything?” I got worried for a minute and I had to sit down.

                “Everything! I'm sorry TayBear. I never realized how much I was actually hurting you. Looking back...” he couldn’t finish his sentence.

                “Don't continue, please. I came to give you this.” I looked down and pulled out the engagement ring box. With both the ring and my necklace. Somehow it got into my suitcase.

He opened the box. “I'm not taking it, Tay. I want you to have it! I want to get back together!”

“Are you kidding?” I laughed. You have hurt me so many times in the past two years Joe! Then only a week ago, not even, you wake up and don't remember me. So we call it off, not even try to work through it. I move on and actually found a guy that might just treat me how I would like to be treated. Now you suddenly remember me and want to get back together and get married! Sure I’ve only known him for a little while but, hey! You can't judge me! I certainly didn't you!”

"I'm sorry, Taylor!"

"I don’t want to hear it!"

He looked down. "Cant we try? Everyone deserves a second chance."

"You have had more than enough second chances. I never want to be treated like that again! No one should ever have to go through it!"

He looked up at me. Into my eyes. He pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear and smiled. 

I sat there for a minute, not knowing what to say. Sad thing is that I thought I would never look into his eyes like that again. 

He leaned in as did I. our lips met and it was exactly how it used to be, except, not. I felt guilt, and anger. Finally I stopped myself after awhile and backed away.

"Don’t be like that, Tay."

"Don’t be like that? You’re my ex! I shouldn’t be kissing you! And you defiantly shouldn’t be trying to seduce me on your hospital bed."