A Games, A Game - Chapter Twenty Seven

I woke up and I was totally on edge. I walked out of the bedroom and the house was dead silent. Not a creek. Rory stayed with me last night till I fell asleep. We were talking after I calmed down. But just like always, she said she couldn't tell me everything. But truth be told, Taylor was gone and I suspected a note or something, telling me to get out, or… anything. Then I remembered that he was taking Lulu back. But still…

Nothing.

Not a, ‘goodbye’ , not a ‘get the hell out’, not a ‘I’m sorry’…

Nothing.

And I loved Taylor with every being in my body. Everything I have, everything I ever had. But he dropped it, he let a four year old get in the way. When he was the one who offered. And I knew she wasn't helping our relationship... But to just drop it all?

I looked at the oven clock. 3:00pm flickered. Why was I sleeping in so late?I opened the freezer and grabbed a tub of Ben And Jerry’s smore ice cream, a massive spoon and spray whip cream. I set the stuff on the coffee table and ran upstairs to change into my green sweats and my gray lace V-neck tank from forever 21. I played Love Actually over and over again, filling my mouth with ice cream and whip cream.

Something that made me worry was about the Movie… Vday. They said they added a bunch of stuff… just for me. And, truth be told, I want to do the movie, my acting debut. But, how could I make out with someone who left me, when I was madly in love, when we both were.

As much as I wanted Julianne or Ashley or selena... Or even my mom to be with me, I didn’t call. I just turned off my phone, turned off the lights. I let myself downed in the movie. To be honest, I didn't even know where my phone was. But really, who cared?

There was a knock at the door. I looked at the clock, 8:27 flickered.

I ignored it and resumed my movie. Keira Knightly looked beautiful in her white sweater.

Another knock. And another… and another.

I rolled my eyes while I squirted whip cream in my mouth.

Another knock.

I swallowed as I paused the movie and stood up. I slid over to the door, unlocked it and opened it. Joe stood there. Looking hot as ever. Why was here... I didn't really care.

“Finally you answer the door.” He stood smiling ear to ear.

I rolled my eyes and turned away. “What do you want?” I huffed.

“Does this mean I can come in?”

“Do what you want, Joe.”

He walked in, surprised. I went to the kitchen and raided Taylor’s cupboards. “Want anything?”

He sat down. “What you got?” I swung open the fridge. “Beer?” He said spotting Tay's stash of cans.

I took out a can and tossed it to him. I took one out for myself as well and we both cracked them open. I shook it a bit and took a whiff. Usually the smell of beer made me want to barf, but now I was just about to chug it.

“I didn’t know you drink?” he chuckled. "You never used to."

I shrugged and took a guzzle.

He laughed. "Did you just guzzle beer?"

I did it again. "Yup."

"Miss Taylor Alison Swift drinks beer... Never thought I'd see the day." He took a sip, then I took a sip, and we both chugged our drinks.

The taste of bitterness filled my mouth and I immediately thought of Taylor. "Anything else?" I asked, hoping he would tell me the reason he came.

"Got anything else?"