A meeting with the king

Adorna rung her hands together, wiping them repeatedly on her trousers. This act of nervous jitters continued, till the door of her brothers throne room finally opened.

"Assassin Castillo? King Castillo will now see you," a man said to the blonde woman, baring the kingdoms marking on his left bicep. The marking was a simple sun. He was dressed in a simple get up, one the guards of the castle normally bore unlike the men fighting at the front lines.

Adorna nodded to the older gentleman, walking after him and into the throne room her father once sat at. The room was an extravagant room itself, housing diamond and crystals out of this world. And there, sitting proud and rather snarky, sat her older brother Tate.

"William, you can leave us. It's just my baby sister." The king said, laughing very softly as he earned an annoyed glare from Adorna.

"We will be seated outside, my king. We know she's a feisty one." William said, earning a very loud and obnoxious laugh from the king. The whole charade made Adorna grimace, her face twisting in dis amusement. The large oak doors shut, leaving Tate and Adorna alone.

"Man, that guy bothers me. All he does is make disgustingly stupid jokes, from sun up to sun down!" Tate scowled, standing and making his way down the carpeted steps to his sister.

The outburst made Adorna smile, and relax in her brothers presence. Maybe this meeting wouldn't be half as bad as she planned. She watched her older brother make his way to a table, and pour himself a glass of wine. The wine left the bottles opening in a slow syrupy drawl, making her lips curl in distaste. When offered, she turned it away with a simple wave of her hand.

"So.. this vampire..."

"You know I didn't mean to do it on purpose, right? Tate, he killed himself with my weapon." Adorna argued her brother, despite him not even putting out an argument just yet. His face held one, and Adorna wasn't ready to get grilled for it.

Though, Tate was a mask of all emotions. Adorna couldn't read anything, whether he believed her or not. He simply twirled his glass between his skinny fingers, sucking his cheeks in. Well, that couldn't be a good sign.

"Adorna, I can't keep.. saving you," Tate said, training his blue eyes on his sister, who's anger was clear on her feminine face.

"I didn't do it, d*mn it!" Adorna shouted, Tate making his way to his sister. "Adorna, lower your voice." Tate said, his own voice a low whisper and close to an animalistic growl.

Though, the woman prowled on. "You know what, Tate? I won't, I'm not about to get a slap on the wrists because of this damn man. My business is going to plummet, because this bast*rd decided to kill himself. The least you can do is cut your own blood some slack. Excuse me if you get dirt on your ha-"

A loud slap erupted into the air, Adorna's cheek burning an igniting red. Adorna's anger distinguished itself into shock, shock that her brother had slapped her. Tate was never violent, even in their childhood years. She had never been yelled at by Tate, nonetheless slapped.

Tate's anger was evident, and to Adorna's surprise it never slipped from it. He turned away, and set his wine glass down on the glass table towards the side for the visiting nobles.

After moments of silence, Tate began to speak, "Now, sister, I will clear your name as I always do, and in return you will find yourself at a party tomorrow."

Earning no complaint from Adorna, he continued, "Your subject is Erwin Greene, a noble purchasing illegal substances. I want him brought back here, and alive." Tate said, adding emphasis's to the correct parts.

Adorna was silent, standing stiff like a soldier.

"You have two nights to finish the assignment, good luck."