Midnight

Adorna's head was pounding, no matter the amount of wine or herbs being able to fix it. Her cheek was no longer aching, though she noticed it was still slightly flamed.

Her mind kept replaying the moment, the amount of anger on her brothers face. Had she really driven him to that point? The thought made her feel disgruntled, and rather horrible to say at the least. Though, Tate would never receive an apology.

A sudden tap at the door came, causing Adorna to leave the comfort of her thick royal blue duvet covers. Her hair hung in a mix of wet and dry strands, a bit frizzy. She was dressed in a simple satin slip, a soft and baby pink. She didn't find herself reaching for her robe, for she knew who would be the only person to knock on her door so late into the night.

Opening the door, adorns found herself face to face with a man about her age, of twenty three. His face was sculpted by the gods themselves, his eyes a dark blue. His hair was a wavy mess, that came past his shoulders.

A dimpled smile came to his face as he received a smile from Adorna, "Come crawling back?" Adorna asked casually, earning a mumbled yes, a pitiful one from the towering man.

With one gaze down the open hall, he snagged Adorna around her skinny frame. Their lips melted, combing into one. Adorna's fingers instantly combed themselves through his locks. He made them stumble back, and into the room. He used his boot to close the door, and moments later the two were tangled on her bed, their hands clawing at each other in a frenzied state.

Ah, Maven Mansfield. He was a childhood crush of Adorna's, the first man she kissed and the first she lost her virginity to. If their lives weren't so different; hers a princess and assassin, and his as a worker around the castles grounds, Adorna could see them together.

Their unplanned night together ended as usual, the two laying together in the nude and speaking in hushed tones. Though, Adorna felt something off about Maven tonight.

She finally peaked up at him, rolling on her stomach to face him straight on. "What's wrong with you tonight?" She asked curiously. She looked rather childish tonight, with her hair a mess and her eyes wide in curiosity.

Mavens lips formed a frown, and he turned his attention away for a moment. "Look Addie, we both know this isn't going to happen," maven said, Adorna chewing on her lip thoughtfully. Of course, the two had a possibility of happening. Though, Adorna would bring embarrassment to her family name.

Though that didn't bother her, it bothered both Maven and Tate. Maven was a complete psycho on the thought of not providing for his wife. Adorna didn't understand it, and she planned on never. "Maven, you know just because you're the male figure, you don't have to provide."

"Yes I do."

"You really don't."

"Who says?"

"Me, idiot."

Silence followed, Maven's dark gaze placed on the window and Adorna's on the sheets. "I don't want to do this anymore," Maven said, Adorna peering up at him. Her face was unreadable, completely clean of any emotions.

He was the same way, void of any emotions. That's how it had always been, between the two passing in the halls and when Adorna found Maven flirting with other maids. Now though, in their sanctuary of peace, they both seemed to go back into their ways in daylight.

"Alright."

"Alright? You're really alright with this?"

"I suppose."

Adorna rose from the covers, making her way to the door where a bell was located. On her way, she snagged Maven's clothing. A simple silver bell, to alert the maids of any discomfort Adorna could have. One may not believe the maids could hear the simple chyme of the bell, but one knew when Adorna was calling.

"Don't, Adorna-"

But it was far too late, for Adorna rang the bell.

She opened the wooden door, throwing out his bundle of clothing. A simple green tunic and brown work pants to match. Maven quickly stood, glaring at Adorna as he made his way into the hall. Outside, maids were already waiting for Adorna's command.

"Enjoy the show, ladies. This is what a dog looks like." Adorna said, earning giggles and blushes in return.

Maven gathered his clothing and quickly bolted down the hall, Adorna slamming her door.
Slowly, she turned and leaned her back against it. Sliding down, she curled into a fetal position and held herself.

"You are such a fool."
She whispered to herself.