Silence

A Tate chapter, to see what's going on at home.

This chapter is dedicated to:

@Greyoblivion

Thanks for being such a great reader!!

Enjoy to all

Álmos was late. She should be home, tucked away in the covers and safe from all harm. She wasn't, though. Adorna was still with that rebel, locked away and getting gods know what done to her. It made Tate see red.

"Send him in." Tate said, voice bouncing along the walls as he leaned back in the gold encrusted throne. Standing at his side, was Maven Mansfield. His sisters lover, his new and personal sycophant.
Maven stood like stone, hands at his front as he stood.

When the captain made his way into the room, he coward in fear. What a man, to be one of Tate's highest men and here he was; cowering like a dog.

"Captain Álmos." Tate said, balancing his clasped hands on his knee as he leaned forward. The captain raised his head, his eyes glazed with tears.

"My King.." he said shakily, his breath catching as he was forced to his knees by the two men who brought him in.

He hit the ground with a harsh slam, a soft groan leaving his lips. Tate simply watched in amusement. He gazed over at the man at his side, watching Maven's stony face. He was blank, unfazed by the harshness so far.

"I gave you five days to complete my task." Tate said, tilting his head gently. "And you failed." He said, standing and making his way slowly down the few steps and to the captain on his knees.

"She's been away from me for nearly two weeks now, how do you think that makes me feel?" Tate asked, crouching down so he was eye to eye with the pitiful excuse of a man.

Captain Álmos's head was still hung low, like a kicked dog. Dirt coated his face, as well as dried blood.

"I'm speaking to you." Tate snarled, grabbing the man by the thick pony tail that trailed down his back. He yanked it with his fist, jolting the man's head backward so he was finally eye to eye with Tate.

"I think that makes you feel... tense, my King." The captain replied, voice skittish and low. It had a scratchy tone to it, like he hadn't drank in days. Being in the cells, he probably hadn't.

Tate let out a soft bark of laugh, standing and clasping his hands behind his back. "Very tense, Álmos. To see my sister in such a predicament. How do you think you would feel with your sister in this situation?" Tate asked, staring down at the man with a burning gaze. He snapped his fingers suddenly.

"Tense. Scared." The men whispered in return, clasping his eyes shut as a yelp of a woman came from the doors of the meeting room. A brunette was guided inside, the woman struggling wildly. "Álmos!" She gasped upon seeing him. She was forced to her knees beside him, a startled cry coming to her lips.

She bowed her head into submission, curls falling wildly around her face. Álmos turned his head to Tate, and began to beg. "M-m-my King, o-oh great one, please leave my sister from this." He begged, tears leaving his red rimmed gaze and making paths through the dirt plastered on his face.

"Like you left my sister?" Tate asked, the captain shuddering with sobs. "Stop crying, you bastard." Tate snarled, holding out his hand for a sword. Maven presented him one, watching Tate with careful eyes.

With a heavy sword in his palms, he made his way slowly to the silent woman. "Even in such a situation, your sister is quite." Tate said slowly, drawing out his words. It left his lips like purrs. "Maybe you should learn a thing or two from this woman." He said, stopping in front of the woman. She raised her head in defiance, gazing at him with such a burning look it shocked Tate.

"Interesting." Tate drawled, gazing between both siblings. Raising the sword in one swift motion, the Captain's head left his body in one clean cut.

His head rolled to the King's feet, the captains blank eyes gazing at the shocked woman. His body hit the ground with a heavy thud, making her flinch harshly. She gazed at the head, closing her eyes and biting her lip.

"Get out of my sight." Tate said to the woman, using the sword as a balance as he leaned lazily. She stood with a choked cry, and bolted from the room.

"Clean this up." Tate said, handing the sword to an awaiting Maven.

"Get my horse ready, I'll be occupying the next regiment on its way to Adorna." Tate said to the guards, Maven helping him slide off the large and heavy cape that draped the kings shoulders.

Turning his head, Tate's eyes locked with a disappointed Nensi.

Short chapter, hope you all enjoyed!
Don't forget to vote and comment, leave me your thoughts!

How do we feel about Maven being Tate's Yes man?